What's new
What's new

MasterCAM

Been running MC since V9. What the hell is HLE?

You desperately need to take an intro class. You are going to spend months trying to learn from forums the same things you can learn in 2 days of a $750 class.

Been running MC since V9. What the hell is HLE?

You desperately need to take an intro class. You are going to spend months trying to learn from forums the same things you can learn in 2 days of a $750 class.

HLE = Home Learning Edition.

It has limitations which make it unusable in industry but is good to learn with.

Huh, good to know. All this time I thought Mastercam didn't offer a student / home version. How is it crippled?

Can't post gcode, dimensioning rounds values off to 2 decimal places, couple other things as well. BUT, it does include all machine types, except millturn, and all toolpaths (3,4,5x)

Good afternoon,
I have just downloaded the MasterCam HLE. Can some one explain to me how to set up the Z plane? Thank you in advance.

For what purpose? I'm not sure I follow your question. There isn't any setting of the Z plane unless it's a custom plane.

From my knowledge you typically rotate the part to match the Z plane that is set in Mastercam. I would typically import a part from Solidworks then use transform to rotate/place it where I wanted it with respect to the coordinate system.

Bottom left of the main window, go to the planes tab. In the left view plane there is a green plus sign for adding planes. I generally use solid face, but there are other options. I program mostly horizontals, Z is all over the place. I never translate my models to the default planes.

You can't delete, modify or rename default planes (top, bottom, right)from 2018 and up.

I never translate my models to the default planes.
I always have, but only out of habit from when I didn't know how to use planes.
Now that I'm doign 3,4,and 5 axis programming, I still move my initial part when importing.
Call it ADHD :D

The ONLY way i learned mastercam from scratch was using online training tutorials that i paid something like $300 for. I know complex programs like Photoshop and Illustrator and even with that experience it was a big learning curve. Now i am confident in my abilities but i still find a ton of things that are challenging, like 5 axis.

So thats my recommendation.

The ONLY way i learned mastercam from scratch was using online training tutorials that i paid something like $300 for. I know complex programs like Photoshop and Illustrator and even with that experience it was a big learning curve. Now i am confident in my abilities but i still find a ton of things that are challenging, like 5 axis.

So thats my recommendation.

300 bucks well spent. I highly recommend this approach if you are a student or your employer does not want to spend the money. Mastercam University is excellent and cheap.

Streaming teacher is pretty darn nice I’m telling you check it out it’s worth the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back