What's new
What's new

Mastercam 3d 2nd seat cost

Motorsports-X

Hot Rolled
anyone bought a second seat lately. I just got sticker shock. interested to know if anyone was able to haggle.

feel free to PM me.

anyone bought a second seat lately. I just got sticker shock. interested to know if anyone was able to haggle.

feel free to PM me.
Um, yeah... and no. Pretty unimpressed with the current state of the relationship with MLC Cadd (local CAM hocksters).

That's obviously what's behind the formerly small and fringe CAM guys getting more traction. My shop will be with MCam for the near future just because of the money we've spent on machines lately, but my mind wanders. I know of several former MCam believers that have gone up channel or down recently because of the recent antics.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Um, yeah... and no. Pretty unimpressed with the current state of the relationship with MLC Cadd (local CAM hocksters).

That's obviously what's behind the formerly small and fringe CAM guys getting more traction. My shop will be with MCam for the near future just because of the money we've spent on machines lately, but my mind wanders. I know of several former MCam believers that have gone up channel or down recently because of the recent antics.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I was all set to pay 7-8 k for a seat. came back 12,500. (lol) multi seat discount gives us a bit of a break, but its still 5 digits. What really erks me is the network based license fees. I think its like 200 bucks a year per seat on top of your yearly maintenance which is like 500 a seat (and we already have 3 seats). I get it being expensive to get into the game. but 10 grand + for a second seat of what you already payed 15k+ for is a bit ridiculous. I think Im just going to buy the non 3d seat. I know how to work around its surfacing limitations. Ive actually started liking mastercam in the last couple years. I HATED it at first. But the cost is just .... lets not even get into the custom post discussion..

I was all set to pay 7-8 k for a seat. came back 12,500. (lol) multi seat discount gives us a bit of a break, but its still 5 digits. What really erks me is the network based license fees. I think its like 200 bucks a year per seat on top of your yearly maintenance which is like 500 a seat (and we already have 3 seats). I get it being expensive to get into the game. but 10 grand + for a second seat of what you already payed 15k+ for is a bit ridiculous. I think Im just going to buy the non 3d seat. I know how to work around its surfacing limitations. Ive actually started liking mastercam in the last couple years. I HATED it at first. But the cost is just .... lets not even get into the custom post discussion..

Out of curiosity, how much for are you looking at for an additional non 3d seat?

something like 5k with all the fees. and you can still do 3d if you're willing to put some extra work in and combine some surfaces.

Paying extra for a post is ridiculous. It's like buying a car, then getting an extra charge for the engine.

5 axis posts are machine specific and pretty involved. Whereas 3 axis posts are very generic and simple.

5 axis posts are machine brand and model specific, and pretty involved..

There, I've fixed it for ya'.
And with that caveat, it should be developed once and then given out to all users of BrandX with ModelY at a truly reasonable cost, and then modified
as-needed to suit. ( and yes, the MTB should also be in on the development )

which is why they should be provided when you purchase the machine.

You're dreaming. I doubt that will ever happen.
Besides, if your shop can afford $25k+ for multiaxis software and $150+ for a 5 axis capable machine, you can easily afford $3k for a post. It's a drop in the bucket.

Some machines include posts, like Matsuura. If we went that route it would have come with Camplete. Post processor and simulation in one. Not sure if that's offered everywhere or just our dealer.

Back