What's new
What's new

Mastercam - "Change in Point" doesn't seem to work for me.

MarkyPete

Plastic
Hello fellow members,

I'm learning Mastercam v9, and would like to slow down my finish tool's feedrate for the internal corners. Therefore, I open the operation's chain manager and right click the chain manager's window background. I see "Change in Point", but it's greyed out, and I'm unable to select it. I'd like to modify the feedrate for particular sections of the finish pocket profile in the operation.

FYI, the operation is a roughing and finishing of a pocket with a chain point for the starting position.

I was able to use this feature for other operations, such as the contour. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

there are multiple ways to accomplish this.
1. high feed function (arrow with tool icon in top of op mngr)
2. editing each move manually inside MC/ toolpath editor
3. turning on "adjust feed on arc move" inside machine group properties, tool settings tab.
4 separate op with needed speeds.
5. pocketing has option to slow finish, i think
i know i didn't answer the question.:nutter:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes indeed! I assumed he means X9, but who knows? I don't know the answer, but I would guess you may need an actual point in the chain?

edit: I added a point inside my pocket path, no dice. I am thinking it might only work with a contour toolpath? On a solid chain, using 3d contour, the option is not grayed out.

Yes indeed! I assumed he means X9, but who knows? I don't know the answer, but I would guess you may need an actual point in the chain?

edit: I added a point inside my pocket path, no dice. I am thinking it might only work with a contour toolpath? On a solid chain, using 3d contour, the option is not grayed out.

FWIW my solutions will work with 15 y.o. v9 and today's x9

there are multiple ways to accomplish this.

3. turning on "adjust feed on arc move" inside machine group properties, tool settings tab.

Thanks :) This is what I'd like to use, but i guess its a global setting for all of the ops under the machine group.

Other than placing the single op in its own machine group, do you know if there's a way to isolate the effect of the "adjust feed on arc move" for just a single op within a group of ops of a machine group"?

And thanks to all of the other members for their ideas. :cheers:

Mark :)

i don't personally use the function. Shame on me.

from what i understand, you turn it on, then regen the paths you want it to effect. after that, turn it of to regen the paths you don;t want to utilize.

Right click on the toolpath select the toolpath editor the select the point at witch you want to change the speed and feed.

at this point the toolpath will be locked and you wont be able to regen.

LOL i wasn't sure if X9 was out yet, that's why I erased my initial comment.

Back