What's new
What's new

Mastercam post issue

CPIindustries

Plastic
So I just bought a used mill and they gave me the post for it also problem is I have mastercam x5 they had x8 is there any way to make it into an x5 post. I tried a bunch of different things but can’t figure out how to convert it from x8 to x5. I know now they have migration wizards and that makes them to the newest version but I’m kind of stuck and not really sure what to do now. Or do I just have upgrade to x8 or newer so I can update it that way.

If the post you have isn't working and you need a different post you should contact your reseller.

Never tried going backwards but you could try editing the first line in the post.
Change..
V17.00 W17.00 M17.00
to...
V14.00 W14.00 M14.00

I think those are the numbers for X8 and X5 respectively.
I have no idea if that will work so make sure whatever is in that line now is saved in case you delete something by accident.

I used to do this for customers from time to time. It will probably work with minimal errors. You take an x5 control and machine def and then assign it to the post. You might have some post errors that need fixing. Your re seller should be able to knock it out over an online meeting in 10 min.

1 - copy machine and control definition from a the generic 4x mill rename to your machine
2 - open the Machine def you just created and then re-assign the control def. Save
3 - re-assign the post in the control def. There is small dance to this...
4 - Try to post something. If you get errors, go in there and fix them.

It's not a huge deal, don't let anyone tell you its not possible.

Last edited:

Back