What's new
What's new

Mastercam saying maintenance contract has expired?

Plouch16

Aluminum
Mastercam gives me this problem every couple days, and the IT here is a joke. Ever since we switched from a dongle hasp to a network hasp I have been having this problem. When I try and use Mastercam Design it will tell me "Unable to check out 3d license", yet the Mastercam Utilities will show I still have a license. Any ideas?

Mastercam gives me this problem every couple days, and the IT here is a joke. Ever since we switched from a dongle hasp to a network hasp I have been having this problem. When I try and use Mastercam Design it will tell me "Unable to check out 3d license", yet the Mastercam Utilities will show I still have a license. Any ideas?

What does your reseller say? Call Axsys.

Reseller confirms our maintenance is UTD, and we have sufficient licenses.

Are they unable to walk you through fixing your problem? Have your reseller come out to your shop and show you how to fix it. That's what I would do. They usually have no problem coming out for a visit.

I had the same problem. Fortunately I'm the only one using the seat so I just went to the server, grabbed the dongle and plugged it into my computer. Had to change all the pointing, and Mastercam is a little bit slower to boot with the local hasp, but it solved the problem.

I had the same problem. Fortunately I'm the only one using the seat so I just went to the server, grabbed the dongle and plugged it into my computer. Had to change all the pointing, and Mastercam is a little bit slower to boot with the local hasp, but it solved the problem.

We originally had the dongle with the computer, but when we got two licenses we went to a network dongle. Been having problems ever since.

EDIT: It is working again, but I'm sure it'll do the same shit another time this week.

Are they unable to walk you through fixing your problem? Have your reseller come out to your shop and show you how to fix it. That's what I would do. They usually have no problem coming out for a visit.

I will get with our reseller I guess, that sounds like the best plan.

We originally had the dongle with the computer, but when we got two licenses we went to a network dongle. Been having problems ever since.

EDIT: It is working again, but I'm sure it'll do the same shit another time this week.

Yep. Mine was intermittent. I'd spend the first 45 minutes of my morning fighting with Mastercam...I think it happened about 3 or 4 days over the span of two weeks before I finally made the switch from network to local.

Good luck.

You guys must not read this forum much, any problem you encounter is most likely being caused by AutoDesks move to the subscription payment model. :)

You guys must not read this forum much, any problem you encounter is most likely being caused by AutoDesks move to the subscription payment model. :)

What? Internet is down again?
Must be because Goose is back, Fusion isn't working so with time on hand He's here spreading wisdom?

Back