What's new
What's new

CAD/CAM news letter

Gary E

Diamond
Don

I get a monthly CAD/CAM news letter in my e-mail... and wonder if I might post the address for all to see and subscribe to, it's FREE. It looks interesting and seems well put together... I'm sure the guys interested in this subject either get it or maybe should....I just wanted to check with you first...but your mailbox is full so I could not us the private message mailbox.

I'll post the intire e-mail if you say ok... otherwize, I'll 86 all of it...

Here is the start of the most recent.....

Let's move beyond modeling
Sean F. Johnson, Sr. Project Engineer, Cincinnati Milacron LLC, Plastics Machinery Division, Batavia, Ohio, writes:
Joel, Re: "Let's Move Beyond Modeling" from the Dec 10 issue of Machine Design: Bingo! bullseye! The Emperor has no clothes! Whatever you want to call it, you nailed the problems with computer aided design on the head. I'm a career design engineer, and long time user of a high-end CAD software. In the past, I was trained on other systems. I've also talked with contractors we've hired from time-to-time about the systems they use, so I'm well aware of the problems with CAD regarding time from concept to market. Release after release of the software adds more whistles and bells, while the basic things needed to get to real-world parts get more complicated. While it would be nice to have a paperless world, where all of my suppliers could grab my designs without documents like drawings, it's simply not there yet. I may have to create an assembly drawing to transmit information. And I may have to balloon that drawing. And a single assembly balloon takes twelve mouse clicks to do with my current high-end system. Want to measure from plane to plane? Seven.

There's lots more.............

Here is the end of it where you can subscribe, quit etc......

Thank you for reading the CAD/CAM Monthly Newsletter from Machine Design.
This email was sent to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. You've received this e-newsletter for one of two reasons:
1) You signed up for it on one of our web sites.
2) You are a reader of Machine Design magazine.

Manage Your Subscription
To quickly unsubscribe from this newsletter, click here Unsubscribe
To subscribe or unsubscribe, to this or any of our newsletters, visit our subscription page.
To CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, visit our subscription page, login with your old email address, then change your address.

One request for the letter so there must be more....
So...here it is....

http://machinedesign.com/enewsletter...-subscriptions

and there are many more to select from...

Please select the newsletters you would like to receive:
CAD CAM Monthly - (Monthly)
Electrical/Electronic Monthly - (Monthly)
Fastening/Joining Monthly - (Monthly
Fluid Power Monthly - (Monthly)
Materials Monthly - (Monthly)
Mechanical Monthly - (Monthly)
Motors Monthly - (Monthly)

http://machinedesign.com/enewsletter...-subscriptions

Manage Your Subscription
To quickly unsubscribe from this newsletter, click here Unsubscribe
To subscribe or unsubscribe, to this or any of our newsletters, visit our subscription page.
To CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, visit our subscription page, login with your old email address, then change your address.

Contact Information
Editorial questions: Leslie Gordon 216-931-9242
Advertising/sponsorship opportunities: Virginia Goulding 216-931-9893

Machine Design
1300 E. 9th St.
Cleveland, OH 44114
©2010 Penton Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

Back