What's new
What's new

MasterCam for Solidworks 6

Jamael

Plastic
I need some advice about 3D surfacing in MasterCam (For ease of understanding let's just use opti-area. Although this happens with most of the 3D toolpaths.). I can't seem to consistently get the tool paths to work without creating multiple tool paths by splitting up the sections of surfaces into separate operations. For example, if I had a bowl type shape, I can't just select all internal surfaces in a single operation consistently. I would have to split it up into halves or quarter quadrants to make it work a lot of the time, but sometimes it just works without a fuss. Thanks in advance for any help! :nutter::crazy:

^^^ He may not have solids.

Like earlier stated, we have no Idea what your problem is without a file or at least screen shot of what your working with.

I'm willing to bet we'll be able to fix you up!

What they ^ said. I'm all ears when it comes to helping MCX users if I can, but your description of the problem is very vague at best... What is Mastercam doing when you are trying to select, not letting you select what you want? Are you getting all the surfaces/solid faces but the toolpath is not doing what you want? Details man! :D

What I meant by "a fuss" is that mastercam throws an error like "conflicting flow line information" (something to that effect) or the end mill gouges a spot for no apparent reason. Even when I get 1 pocket to work, copy those ops, and re-select geometries it rarely runs the same cutter path (even though they are identical geometries just rotated 120 deg.). Now I feel like I'm just complaining!1 Pocket.jpgBoth Pockets.jpg

What I meant by "a fuss" is that mastercam throws an error like "conflicting flow line information" (something to that effect) or the end mill gouges a spot for no apparent reason. Even when I get 1 pocket to work, copy those ops, and re-select geometries it rarely runs the same cutter path (even though they are identical geometries just rotated 120 deg.). Now I feel like I'm just complaining!View attachment 128629View attachment 128630

I don't know about the addon for solidworks. What I do know is that the flowline toolpath is kind of finicky. It wants usually a single surface/solid face IME. If you select multiple faces/surfaces like I assume by your picture, you are picking the curved elongated bowl, bottom face, and the fillet blending out into the wall? I would try constant scallop, this will collapse in on itself and should not give you any problems. It is not the best toolpath, don't know what your surface requirements are... Hope this helps!

I am using the add-in to solidworks. It is way more glitchy than other versions of MasterCam that I have used.

I will definitely give the scallop tool path a try. Thanks a bunch!

Back