What's new
What's new

mastercam v9 question- relocate X0Y0

ACE323

Cast Iron
I'm an amateur when it comes to cam.I was wondering if someone could tell me how to relocate the origin point in mastercam.For instance I drew a figure with the southeast corner as X0Y0- Now I'd like to make the center of that figure X0Y0.Thanks for the help.

Scott

I figured you guys were already in "Minority Report" mode....

minority-report.jpg

sorry pi...
nothing beats the keyboard in MC9...
unless you dont know the key combo to what you need done...

unless maybe you are using a trackball with programmable buttons that link to macros that work in MC9

that would be sweet...

"""
X
T
W
select object
D
B
C
O

BLAM!!!

Horizontal line...

C
L
H

Verticle line...

C
L
V

If you learn some of the shortcut keys, its acctually faster then using the mouse...
"""

Sorry guys, not really adding to the thread here. just rant a little.
If in this freaki'n century there is a so called "leading" company providing this kind of f'n idiotic UI with their supposedly "modern" sw, than that company whould either refrain or be banned from any form of advertisement of any of their crap until the whole thing is rewamped and brought up to real standards!

Hate to say it but it is another example of the garbage MC is able to get away with just because of the "market leader" status.
All them freaki'n keystrokes and bull.
What's wrong with : Select objects, Snap to Origin, Move to point?
I still stand by the fact that the ACAD interface for it's INTENDED use is by far superior to ANYTHING and EVERYTHING out there. In fact I'll say that even the old DOS interface was far superior than what MC is crapping today.

You say you like it? BS. You hate it just like the guy starting out with it, but you just got tired of useleslly complaining about the stupidity.

No. I don't hate it. I like it. I couldn't care less if the interface is like windows or ACAD. I know how to get code very quickly from it and it makes me a tidy living every day.
I do some pretty complex parts and I can get code to the machine quicker using MC than anything else I have tried. I took a look at Gibs and couldn't stand it. Same with Surfcam, Esprit and I have even looked at One CNC. The software is just an interface between me and the finished part.

"""
No. I don't hate it. I like it. I couldn't care less if the interface is like windows or ACAD. I know how to get code very quickly from it and it makes me a tidy living every day.
"""

I meant You may hate the UI, not necessary what the program allows you to have.
At the same time PBMW, with all do respect, not caring what the interface is like makes absolutely no sense to me.
Again, you're used to it, familiar with it and by now quick at it. You've learned to live with it, yet it is still one of the worst type of UI ever designed period.

I see your point. I just don't particularly care if the interface is windows compliant. You are correct though, I have enough seat time on it to know how to get around it...I guess what I'm really saying, is that I don't need all the fancy bells and whistles in the interface...I want them in the meat of the program. I've heard a lot of guys not like the interface, clunky, etc. Dosn't really bother me.
Go figure...
Jim

Back