What's new
What's new

Mastercam X5 question

sisabdulax

Plastic
Hello all,

Gotta probably a simple question. I never had any formal training on Mastercam but stumble thru pretty decent. I was wondering When writing toolpaths how do I delete a single tool path? I have tried in the past and wiped all of them. Nervous to go through that with amount of tool paths I currently have written.

Thanks in advance.
Mike

Hello all,

Gotta probably a simple question. I never had any formal training on Mastercam but stumble thru pretty decent. I was wondering When writing toolpaths how do I delete a single tool path? I have tried in the past and wiped all of them. Nervous to go through that with amount of tool paths I currently have written.

Thanks in advance.
Mike

Select a toolpath by clicking on it.
Make sure the one you want to delete has a green check mark on it.

You nuked them all probably because you selected the whole group.

I am pretty sure I only had one, which is why I asked. First time I did it I did select them all! Learning curve! Thanks

Yep, every path that you have selected will have that green check mark, so just make sure that the one you're deleting is the only one you have selected and you'll be fine.

Thanks guys that was it must have hit the nuke button in past!!! been nervous since. Thanks for the quick replies

As stated above, the X means everything. When you hit delete, it won't do anything to any tool path without the X. But that X doesn't always end up where you think it should be. So stop and look, every time.

Selecting the tool paths can be a little random. Sometimes it catches, and sometimes it doesn't. It seems to depend somewhat on what's currently selected, and what you've done with that tool path. There's a pattern to it, but I haven't fully worked it out yet. What always works for me is to select a random tool path first. Not the one that's currently selected, and not the one you want to delete. Don't backplot it, or verify it, or change anything, just select it. Then select the one you want to delete. If I do it that way I always get the one I want.

To make things less stressful...save your file before you delete anything. If you delete the wrong toolpath just reload the file.

If you do select the wrong tool path and you catch it right away , you can select undelete to retrieve it. Of course I would practice this and anything else you are are not sure about on a sample file.

Back