What's new
What's new

Mastercam X9/2017 Post Modification

OneWound

Aluminum
Hi Y'all,

I'm trying to change which post a Mastercam control is referencing (in this case Generic Haas 3x).

Here's what I've done: I've taken an existing post (Generic Haas 3x.pst in this case) and made my modifications and renamed it accordingly. However, I cannot get the controller to recognize my newly-named post file. My guess is I need to somehow modify the control file externally (ie, without using mastercam) as I cannot change the post file within mastercam.

This will be for a post that's going to be used on Mastercam 2017, however it's being testing on Mastercam X9 due to access rights (to be changed later).

Help?

EDIT:

I was able to figure out how to do it after posting..admins please remove.

First, be sure to update all machine/control definitions and posts.

2nd, open up the machine definition.

3rd, open up the control definition via the icon at the top of the machine definition. Looks like a TV.

4th, at the top of the control definition click on the "Post processors:" button.

5th, add the new post file and delete any unwanted, old processors. Leaving them in will just add confusion

6th, to the right of the "Post processors:" button you see a drop down. Use this to select your new post that you just added.

7th, very important...hit SAVE icon at the top. Looks like floppy disk. Do you remember what a floppy looks like?

8th, make any other changes and then exit out of control definition.

9th, on the Machine Definition page, if you have more that 1 post selectable from the drop down under "Post-processor", select the one you want and then save and exit.

10th, This should auto update your new machine def in the program. If it does not, in the operation manager click on "Files" and then "Replace" to select your new Machine def with the new post.

Back