What's new
What's new

mastercam x9 work with tsugami swiss turn

fisa

Plastic
tsugami programming on mastercam
i have a machine called swiss turn tsugami...i want to make pro gramme from mastercam x9..already make programe fro cnc turning center,,,but cant find the way to make programme for tsugami...please advice me ......

asif

Mastercam Mill and Lathe are not well suited for Swiss. They do have a Millturn product but I hear it isn't particularly functional. Better off with Partmaker or something like that, unless you just want to post snippets of mill code and lathe code and piece them together by hand.

Programmed at a shop that had 2 Tsugamis. Abile works well, but you are fairly limited in what you can do with it. I used Mastercam to make the programs for the main and the sub. If you can make a live tool lathe run with Mastercam, then you can program a Swiss, with a little post editing.

And I was just making programs where the main runs, and the sub runs. With a hand off. So sync codes are easy. Stuff where we needed the sub main to work together, had to do by hand.

If you are going to use Mastercam regularly for the swiss, you need a machine definition for a swiss, tie it to a post. You are going to need to at least flip the Z axis sign.

If you just need a program here and there, you could draw your part backwards in Matercam. And if your shop has Tsugami, you might have Abile somewhere. Ask some people or look around when you have time. It is a good program, and works well. It isn't hard to use at all.

thanks for valuable reply ...please chheck i just change post to invert z axis minus to plus..can it work for tsugami...please check thread(c n c z o n e) where i get help to edit post..after that i get all my z minus to plus ans via versa

some one suggest me change this to

pfzout #Force Z axis output
if absinc$ = zero, *zabs, !zinc
else, *zinc, !zabs

pzout #Z output
if absinc$ = zero, zabs, !zinc
else, zinc, !zabs

to this

pfzout #Force Z axis output
zinc=zinc*m_one, zabs=zabs*m_one # changes Z sign-added ST 27/4/2010
if absinc$ = zero, *zabs, !zinc
else, *zinc, !zabs

pzout #Z output
zinc=zinc*m_one, zabs=zabs*m_one # changes Z sign-added ST 27/4/2010
if absinc$ = zero, zabs, !zinc
else, zinc, !zabs

Quick reply to this message Re

http://www.*******.com/forums/mastercam/104016-posts.html

As long as it works. For mcam in the post, the header area should have a multiplier for each axis. Just change there from 1 to -1. But if you already have the change made and it works, then cheers.

Back