What's new
What's new

Mastercam2017 Tutorial video - how to make a complete NC program

mp5navy

Plastic
This video guide how to make a NC program from beginning to ending

Mastercam217 complete sample milling (part1)

Last edited:
Can someone explain what is going on in the first video?

Is the use insane/new? Or what?

That couldn't actually be the mastercam workflow could it?

As far as orientating the vice goes, it would have been a lot easier if he hadn't spun the vice into some bastard orientation.

Workflow seemed to be doing every little step that a lot of people skip over or already have it predefined.

As far as orientating the vice goes, it would have been a lot easier if he hadn't spun the vice into some bastard orientation.

Workflow seemed to be doing every little step that a lot of people skip over or already have it predefined.
Thank for your answer, it is clearly and easy to understand.

Jesus Christ. I could have programmed that part, cut the stock, loaded the tools and been done before he had the fucking vise figured out in MasterCAM.

I have not used 2017 yet, but no, that is certainly not any workflow that makes sense. First thing, the vise, parallels, stops, etc are all optional. You can use them as a fixture when doing simulation, but if you need it for that part, you got bigger problems. I have a 5th axis vise model that I use (used) for 4-5 axis programming and sim, but that is a different animal.
edit: not sure its the same video, but judging by the one I watched he A) doesn't understand the product B) is trying to be 'cool' and show all the things you can do

Jesus Christ. I could have programmed that part, cut the stock, loaded the tools and been done before he had the fucking vise figured out in MasterCAM.

So everyone knows, that is not Mastercam's fault. :D Just like if I was trying to teach someone to speak French (I don't know French). :crazy:

So everyone knows, that is not Mastercam's fault. :D Just like if I was trying to teach someone to speak French (I don't know French). :crazy:

I figured, I know MasterCAM is shitty, but not *that* shitty. :D

Also, immagonna guess that Mr MP5Navy has never even laid eyes on an MP5 Navy...

Well, you do not need to add the vise when you are making the toolpath. I will focus on making toolpath and add fixture before record my screen. Thank.

Look at my new video :cheers:

Back