What's new
What's new

need Alphalink Help

fubar62172

Aluminum
Hi
I have the Alphalink for windows software hooked up and I'm trying to figure it out. Does anybody have any tutorials to help with learning the drawing features?And helping with the importing of models? I'm looking for something like a sample program that will walk me thru from drawing to cutting
Thanks for any help
Mike

This alphalink?

I have used the older DOS version, the whole Harrison/Alphalink integration is just a god awful piece of shit. If your part had threads on it you had to come out of cam to do the threads in conversational because alphalink didn't support threading. CAM programs are not fully automatic, you still have to "Wind tool to start position" like you do with conversational.

I hope for your sake the Windows version is better.

That said, you can download a manual from the site I linked above for free. I had a quick scan through it, it covers DXF import. Honestly just looks like the same shit as the older DOS version with a windows interface.

My opinion, FWIW, if you have one of the newer (two keypads) alphas you'd be far better served using just about any other cam software with the control in Fanuc mode.

It's not better

So instead of drawing with their software just draw and program with something else and post to Fanuc controls...correct?

Thanks

So instead of drawing with their software just draw and program with something else and post to Fanuc controls...correct?

That's up to you really. Unless your machine is one of the really old ones that can't operate as a plain Fanuc, then you can run it just like any other Fanuc and as such are not tied to the Harrison/Alphalink in any way if you don't want to be.

On the other hand, you already have the alphalink software and it does actually work for better or worse, so...

Back