What's new
What's new

Need a help, damn bobcad

SteveEx30

Stainless
Alright, my v22 DVD is scratched and won't read. I can't find this anywhere to download. I need to reinstall on my new box.. Even the bobcad site doesn't support it anymore. Yes, this is a licensed copy running on a dongle.

Anyone have v22 .43006 - build 861 disk?? Or,maybe the demo zip file?

I use this solely for engraving on one of my cnc's and I would appreciate the help.

Thanks.

To be honest I can't see any scratches. I literally used the disc once back 7 years ago... Been in the case since.

It's just the data2 zip file that won't read. If anyone can help me out that would be great. I will be calling bobcad tomorrow, but I am certainly not paying fr another one.

Hopefully you find help today but I started on V22 and may still have the disc somewhere on a shelf. If I find it and this thread hasn't been resolved I'll PM you.

SteveEx30,

My name is Sean Daugherty and I am a technician at BobCAD-CAM. Please contact me at 727-489-0003 and ask for Sean and we will get you the full installer for V22. You can also PM me you phone number and I will contact you to provide you with the installer.

SteveEx30,

My name is Sean Daugherty and I am a technician at BobCAD-CAM. Please contact me at 727-489-0003 and ask for Sean and we will get you the full installer for V22. You can also PM me you phone number and I will contact you to provide you with the installer.

I just wanted to let everyone here at PM know that Al and Sean at Bobcad sent me a new installer file today. Considering I bought this prg 7 years ago I want people to know they stand by there customer support.

Thanks again.

Wow... that certainly wasn't the response I got. The tech dept. insisted it was unsupported and there was no option other than to upgrade. Yes, I upgraded, no I don't like it. I've had it for around six months and still can't draw as well in it as V21 (don't remember for sure which one), but to be fair I have worked my way up from V17... I think, so the newer version has a lot of changes. As I get more used to the new version I suppose it will be OK but I would have rather stuck with what I had and knew and not had to learn the new version.

End of rant!

Wow... that certainly wasn't the response I got. The tech dept. insisted it was unsupported and there was no option other than to upgrade. Yes, I upgraded, no I don't like it. I've had it for around six months and still can't draw as well in it as V21 (don't remember for sure which one), but to be fair I have worked my way up from V17... I think, so the newer version has a lot of changes. As I get more used to the new version I suppose it will be OK but I would have rather stuck with what I had and knew and not had to learn the new version.

End of rant!

Sooo,you got V25 or V26 and you "suppose it will be ok" and you came from V21 ????
Wait till you discover what you really have now,you are in for a treat.Light years ahead of 21

BTW,you can draw in V21 and import into current version.

Bumped into Al at the show. Had a number of laughs. Real good guy in person, too.

Played around with V27 while I was there. WOW. :eek:
They have really come a long way from just two years ago. A VERY long way.
Al actually ran down a checklist of all the different subjects/features/complaints that people
have desired or complained about and it looked like he had just about addressed each one.

I think they have actually finally arrived as a legitimate option for many people and shops.
I do not need it, as we are firmly entrenched with our CAD/CAM, but I picked up a demo of it just to play around and see how it runs.
I am curious how efficient it is and what bugs might be in it. Overall, it looks pretty damn good for the price point, so far.

I'm still playing with the modelling and work flow, but hopefully I'll have time to run some code and try it out in the next few weeks.

He's dedicated. That's for sure.

End of rant!

The OP needed V22. V21 may very well be unsupported. I "lost" a license two laptops ago and I thought about calling them to see what they could do...but why? There's just no room for 2 CAM systems anymore. There are some neat tools in V21 that would really come in handy sometimes but it's like taking yourself off the crutches to force yourself to walk again. Hell with V25 and above you will be flying in no time.

Bumped into Al at the show. Had a number of laughs. Real good guy in person, too.

Al actually ran down a checklist of all the different subjects/features/complaints that people
have desired or complained about and it looked like he had just about addressed each one.

I think they have actually finally arrived as a legitimate option for many people and shops.
I do not need it, as we are firmly entrenched with our CAD/CAM, but I picked up a demo of it just to play around and see how it runs.
I am curious how efficient it is and what bugs might be in it. Overall, it looks pretty damn good for the price point, so far.

I'm still playing with the modelling and work flow, but hopefully I'll have time to run some code and try it out in the next few weeks.

Al is a top notch dude and I've never know him to make excuses, he's more interested in solutions. Dedicated is a good word. I could be wrong but I believe he was just a BobCAD user before he went to work there. Anyway, interested to hear what a user of another CAM system thinks of V27.

It seems like Bobcad was very helpful to you. You may want to change your post title to reflect that, or delete your post to avoid the initial impression of an unhappy customer.

In trial mode you can post code for 5 days.

I stopped by to say hi as well. Seems like a pretty nice guy, and you have to give him credit for being one of the most helpful people on this forum, despite whatever product you use. He's willing to help everyone.

Maybe it's time all the negativity about Al's product was left in the past? I've never used Bobcad, but I have watched a few of Al's videos. If I was in the market for CAM, I would take a look at what he offers. But like you, we're deep into our current CAM solutions, so no need.

Back