Need opinion on purchasing a simple 2D CAD program - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Draftsight is a great free software for 2D. For 3D, I'm using Autodesk Fusion 360. OK, 2D software by Dassault Systemes, modeling software by Autodesk. Am I backwards or just cheap?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The vast majority of posts are recommending either DeltaCAD or Draftsight. I downloaded and tried both. For my limited ability in understanding CAD the DeltaCAD was the easiest to learn. I also like the more "Mainstream" Draftsight but I needed to figure out something fast. Moving forward I plan to purchase DeltaCAD and continue to learn Draftsight.

The ability to delete line segments easily (in DeltaCAD) is one problem that I wish was easier. It can be done by editing a line into several segments first but it would be much easier if a line automatically split into segments when you crossed it with another line. The ability to export directly to PDF can be done in Draftsight but not DeltaCAD.

I still have to conquer scaling (so dimensions come out correct) and need to come up with a decent Title Block for DeltaCAD that I can use when starting a drawing.

All in all at least I can now stop having to clear off my drafting table every time I need a drawing and stop having to use MS Paint for making simple drawings.

Thanks to all the posters. You are a big help!

Walter

Country
    INDIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default ActCAD the best software for 2D CAD program

ActCAD is one of the best 2D CAD program for designing, you can approach our website or click on below link to activate free trial period https://actcad.com/download-actcad-i...0u6ei2P02ObkJQ