What's new
What's new

Need someone to make drawing

MJR7

Plastic
I need someone who can make a drawing for me which I can then shop around to laser cutting shops. I will pay for your time.

Download Fusion 360 or Draftsight for free and do it yourself if it's just one drawing.

OR sketch it out by hand with some dimensions and have the shop draw it up quick for you. Chances are they'll re-draw or model it on their own for their software anyway. Plenty of shops out there will still work with hand drawings (especially the shops that don't mind working with folks new to the business.)

Yeah, I second what Johnny Solidworks said. But if you need some else to knock out a .dwg or .dxf in Fusion360 I would be willing.

You might take some photos.. and make a list of dimensions, with perhaps a few phone calls have a PM person draw what you need.

Perhaps a person who has been on PM for a time so can be trusted...

MJR7,

Lars Christensen, among others, has some pretty good Fusion360 tutorials on Youtube. Fusion 36 Tutorial for Absolute Beginners— Part 1 - YouTube And since you are dealing with laser cut parts, you wouldn't really have to leave the sketch mode of Fusion360 that much.

But if not your thing, Michiganbuck has good suggestions even if I sensed some shade thrown my way hiding behind his ellipsis.

-Karl

even if I sensed some shade thrown my way hiding behind his ellipsis.

Don't get that..I don't want the job...

Oh because that is only your second post on PM? Did not notice that but do now.

i wouldn't know where to start. i am just about completely lost with cad cam.

A napkin sketch will get you 90% of the way to where you want to go - seriously, no sarcasm or criticism. Heck, draw it on a whiteboard or piece of notebook paper, take a picture of it and post it here. Somebody will get you the rest of the way. I'll do it just to help you out as a fellow PM member if no one else wants to be reasonable about it.

A napkin sketch will get you 90% of the way to where you want to go - seriously, no sarcasm or criticism. Heck, draw it on a whiteboard or piece of notebook paper, take a picture of it and post it here. Somebody will get you the rest of the way. I'll do it just to help you out as a fellow PM member if no one else wants to be reasonable about it.

sketch attached

Attachments

• 20180103_162522.jpg
    20180103_162522.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 202
Very nice sketch

QT:[dimensions are to be kept] is too lose...Kept to .0002 or +- .001 or other.

Give what you can be safe with to save part cost.

Give the part a name or number, state material, thickness, and number needed.

Oh MTN said thickness good.

I started drawing it up and noticed that the .275 radius and the .270 hole are not concentric based off the .903 and 1.140 dimensions. Is that the intent? In the drawing they look concentric.

Last edited:
thickness .125
material 304 ss
1.140 +-.002
.903 +-.002
since i don't know how close to dimension laser cutters can keep, these figures may be erroneous. it's safe to say i can live with more allowance if necessary especially on the other dimensions.

I started drawing it up and noticed that the .275 radius and the .270 hole are not concentric based off the .903 and 1.140 dimensions. Is that the intent? In the drawing they look concentric.

you are correct the hole is not intended to be concentric to the radius. my sketch definitely looks that way though.

Who needs CAD when you can make a perfectly good drawing. With the added note about the non concentricity, and perhaps some clarification of the note about being on a line, I think anyone could quote that part. If it was a cam rather than a flange I would want to know.

[i don't know how close to dimension laser cutters can keep,]
Don't worry about the process ..The part matters most..You may find laser is not the only or best.

Are the three .270s equally spaced and on the same circle diameter, and from the same center as the .50.

You want to answer all the possible questions on the part print or sketch..even simple stuff.. over explaining is better than errors..

[i don't know how close to dimension laser cutters can keep,]
Don't worry about the process ..The part matters most..You may find laser is not the only or best.

Are the three .270s equally spaced and on the same circle diameter, and from the same center as the .50.

yes they are.

Back