What's new
What's new

Newbie ...

Bob Sharp (UK)

Plastic
Hi

I have just started using FreeCAD and would appreciate links to 2d drawings (with dimensions) that I could re-do as 3D

Am also considering TurboCAD v17 and v18. These are on sale in eBay quite cheap.
How do they compare with FC ? ... As a pensioner, I cannot afford any of the latest CAD software.

cheers

BTW ... windows 7

Hi

I have just started using FreeCAD and would appreciate links to 2d drawings (with dimensions) that I could re-do as 3D

Am also considering TurboCAD v17 and v18. These are on sale in eBay quite cheap.
How do they compare with FC ? ... As a pensioner, I cannot afford any of the latest CAD software.

cheers

BTW ... windows 7

fusion 360!

Sorry, but don't expect my pension to improve that much after one year or even three.

Then you have to subscribe ?

it is still free for a year, how do you know what works best if you do not try a couple of different types. plus it comes with 2.5 CAM software.

just saying

Sorry, but can you explain that for me ?

Website says it is free to students for up to 3 years, and others for 1 year.

No good to me to learn something that I will not be able to afford to use.

cheers.

What exactly are you trying to do with CAD? $300/year is very little for constantly up-to-date software.

What happens in two years when someone else sends you a model, but you are unable to open it? Buy an older version of TurboCAD and you're likely to run into that issue damn near immediately.

cheers.

I spend more on BEER in a year than the cost of Fusion :cheers:

In the future please state a short summary of what you actually want in your topic title. "newbie" is meaningless.

cheers.

All of the tools needed to comprehensively do product design add up to a lot of money. Maintenance fees alone put these legacy tools out of the reach of many. We built Fusion to be affordable and accessible. For users of the basic product, Fusion costs $300/year. For the Ultimate version, it's $1200/year—the same price everywhere in the world. But we went one step further, for hobbyists, enthusiasts, makers and startups—in fact, anyone using Fusion whose business makes less than $100,000 per year—Fusion is free. Wait, there's more. And just like all of our other products, Fusion is completely free to students, faculty and institutions worldwide. Most important to me is that in order to get Fusion, we never ask anyone to compromise on functionality, performance or privacy. We think everyone is entitled to the best possible user experience.

bottom of this article

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-differently/how-and-why-we-re-building-fusion/ba-p/5496355

Back