What's new
What's new

nikken 4th on robodrill t10b post help please!?

DeadNutsDan

Plastic
Hello all! I have a 1995 robodrill t10b that came with a Nikken 4th axis hooked up that I have never used. Im using fusion360 and running the "generic robodrill" post. And when I try to get it to rotate it alarms to "improper g code". I have attached a picture of the code it is spitting out. It is simply drilling 5 holes then indexing and drilling 5 more. Please take a look and tell me what you think. I'm 100% new to 4th axis work so any and all help would be much appreciated. I will also attach a picture of the 4th so you can see what I'm working with. Thanks guys! Have a great day! IMG_4562.jpgIMG_4556.jpgIMG_4555.jpg

Looks like your problem lines are at N130 and N135, Those are not indexing codes that I am used to. When I use. 4th this is a small example of the codes I am used to.

T1M06
M1
GOG90G54X0.Y0.B0.
M03S1250
G43H1Z1.
M08
M10(4th lock)
G98G83X0.Y0.Z-1.R0.1Q.1F8.
G80
G0Z5.
M11(4th unlock)
G0G90G54B180.
M10
repeat drill cycle

not sure if this 4th model uses lock and unlock but this is the basic codes for Fanuc g-code. those two block numbers I mentioned might be your issue, I am not to hot on the posts Fusion uses, most of the time they can be edited to you liking but hope this helps a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that! I manually punched in the code you sent and it worked! Hopefully now I can find an Autodesk post to mimic it, or modify one. Thanks again!

Awesome! :-) I am glad I was able to help out. You can try a HASS post from fusion and it should spit out similar gcodes like the one I wrote. All you would have to do is manually insert the indexing codes to your liking if it the post doesn’t spit them out. I would even try a regular Fanuc post as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the generic fanuc post, the multiaxis configuration is turned off by default. Best to go to the Autodesk HSM forum, Post Processor Subheading and look at the discussion of setting up multiaxis in the Sticky posts at the top of the first page.

Fred

I have Robodrill Alpha T10-B 1995 with the fourth axis nikken Fanuc 16MB
i lost all SRAM data
can any one have SRAM data soft copy
please help me

Lines N130 and N135 are trying to use Tilted Working Plane. This is a perfectly viable way to index the table as it will use the kinematics parameters. Those parameters would be set for axis of rotation when the table is set up properly. But you would also need that option turned on by Fanuc. Otherwise, the code given to you that worked is a good option also.

Paul

Back