What's new
What's new

NX Manufacturing-Adding custom button to pull from database

Jordan83

Aluminum
I am working on customizing an EDM operation and post. I would like to use something like the standard milling "set machining data" button. I want to build a data base in excel and have the button pull EDM machining parameters from the data base based on tool diameter and work piece material. I know how to set this up to just have the post pull from the database, but I want the operator to have the choice to use the defaults or to alter them based on machining scenario. I attempted doing this with UDEs. The problem I have doing it that way, is I don't think it is possible to write to the UDE dialog boxes once added to the operation. It seems I can only pull variable info from them and not assign values to the dialog boxes themselves. Basically, when the button is pushed, it would automatically populate the boxes with the default values. If the operator chooses to, they can use the defaults or alter. Hope this makes sense! I attached a pic of an example that represents something Id like to incorporate into the operation dialog.

Perhaps I could just alter the standard "set machining data" button and calculation?NX EXAMPLE.JPG

Back