What's new
What's new

onecnc Brother post

eaglemike

Stainless
Need help with a couple of issues, that I've not yet figured out. Yup, I'm fairly new to this, but the UI is pretty nice and well organized AFAIK for this software. Patrick has been super helpful, but .........

1)I need a cr/lf after the M30 at the end of the program. I've tried just hotting enter, creating 1 or 2 blank lines that show in the post editor, but it doesn't work when I post process.
2) setting up g77 rigid tapping, using the I and J for metric and inch - how do you do it?

It was pretty easy to fix everything else. I did run a search here, and see a few guys are also using OneCNC and the Brother. All the G100 stuff etc was super easy.

Could you help a brother out??? (har har)
TIA!

Pretty sure you can use the post editor to go in and add/change things. I remember there are instruction in the user manual about using the post editor. You can always call Patrick and get him to show you how- I'm not at the computer that has my OneCNC install on it so I can't go look, but I think will find it pretty easy to do once you get in there.
Dan

Perhaps using a \n will force a CR LF to be posted, I know it can be used to force M codes onto seperate lines if the controller does not permit them on one line. Does Brother not use a printable end of program character?

As for G77, I don't know what that is about, but it seems like it would be best to set up two different cycles, one using I and the other using J. Just have to pick the correct one when setting up the operation. There's no other way to change the parameters for the cycle on the fly.

Pretty sure you can use the post editor to go in and add/change things. I remember there are instruction in the user manual about using the post editor. You can always call Patrick and get him to show you how- I'm not at the computer that has my OneCNC install on it so I can't go look, but I think will find it pretty easy to do once you get in there.
Dan
Thanks - I've used the post editor to get this far. It's pretty easy to use.
The original Brother post is missing a fair bit of stuff that works for the Speedio machines. (G100 tool change stuff for a start)

Perhaps using a \n will force a CR LF to be posted, I know it can be used to force M codes onto seperate lines if the controller does not permit them on one line. Does Brother not use a printable end of program character?

As for G77, I don't know what that is about, but it seems like it would be best to set up two different cycles, one using I and the other using J. Just have to pick the correct one when setting up the operation. There's no other way to change the parameters for the cycle on the fly.
Thanks for your reply - I know you are one of the Guru's on this stuff.
The Brother needs a blank line after the M30. Just a CR/LF (I'm sure you remember that from the old days of 1200 baud, right?)
I'm sure I can create a custom cycle, actually started on that/did try it, but when I create some holes, then to spot, drill, tap, so far I'm not seeing it in the machine cycle choices, using the 2d path stuff. Only G84 shows up.
I'll go on the onecnc site and post there.

Are you using XR6 expert? If you can't do it in the post, use the custom code button. I don't have a dongle with me, or I would check.

I'm using XR7 expert. I tried playing with it again this morning, guess I'll have to wait for Patrick to help.
Thanks for the reply!

Back