OneCNC XR4, XR5 and that win10 update that won't quit...
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default OneCNC XR4, XR5 and that win10 update that won't quit...

Do any of you know if OneCNC XR4(mill express) and XR5 pro works with that win10?
    I'm on Win7 on both computers but it keeps trying to download and installed win10. I'm worried it'll screw up how those programs operate.
    checked on the onecnc forum, couldn't find anything useful regarding win10 except I guess XR6 might be ok with it...

So far my attempts at making these win10 updates stop and at deleting what keeps bringing it back have not worked. Thankfully it hasn't full installed/taken over yet but skynet sure seems to be trying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SND View Post
    Do any of you know if OneCNC XR4(mill express) and XR5 pro works with that win10?
    I'm on Win7 on both computers but it keeps trying to download and installed win10. I'm worried it'll screw up how those programs operate.
    checked on the onecnc forum, couldn't find anything useful regarding win10 except I guess XR6 might be ok with it...

So far my attempts at making these win10 updates stop and at deleting what keeps bringing it back have not worked. Thankfully it hasn't full installed/taken over yet but skynet sure seems to be trying.
    I have Win7 Pro on all of my computers (2 PC / 2 Laptops), not one is trying to update to Win10. You can change the settings so that you are notified updates are available and then decide whether to update or not. You can also review what is being updated, and unselect the files you dont want to download and update. There is also an option to hide specific updates and these are ignored.

I have ALL IE updates ignored from IE7, because I dont use IE and its over bloated.

See screenshots below from my laptop.

updates-1.jpg
    First 1 shows me that I have updates to be installed 33 Important and 12 Optional. If you click on the links you come to the Second Screenshot,

updates-2.jpg
    This where you can select or deselect what you want to update.

updates-3.jpg
    Here you can change your update settings with a few options.

Cheers ....

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just bumping this. Looks like I'll have to add another computer soon, which may end up having Win10 if I can't get it with Win7.
    Do any of you know if the older XR4 and XR5 versions of Onecnc work ok on Win10?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Most programs that run on Windows 7 will run fine on Windows 10. Windows 10 has a compatibility mode which will automatically make changes needed to software which has issues running. If you are still unsure, I'm sure an email to oneCNC would result in an answer rather quickly...seeing as you've been looking for a response for 2 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SND View Post
    Just bumping this. Looks like I'll have to add another computer soon, which may end up having Win10 if I can't get it with Win7.
    Do any of you know if the older XR4 and XR5 versions of Onecnc work ok on Win10?
    Those versions do not support Windows 10. IIRC on the OneCNC forum some people had tried XR5 on Widows10 and it would run, but there were some who had graphical issues.

If you can't upgrade to XR7 you may be better off buying a bare-bones PC and installing Windows 7 yourself.

The OneCNC forum is probably a better place to ask this question as there are many more users there than here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Onecnc contacted me to confirm that it will work perfectly fine on Windows10 which is really great to hear.
    The computer I currently use for most of my cad/cam has a decent graphics card, I had told the computer place what it was used for when I ordered it, I'll get the new one built with something similar. I like having everything set up on 2 computers(one of which never goes on the internet) just in case something happens to one, and now my older one is on its last miles.

7. Likes red beard liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello, I have used both XR5 Pro and XR7 Pro on Windows 10

They both work perfectly with no crashing.

I cannot vouch for XR4 but Xr5 is fine.