What's new
What's new

Onecnc XR5 mill pocket issues

Johnny4balls

Plastic
Hi Everyone I need a little help here,

trying to get my head round onecnc which no one uses at work cos there all computer illiterate..

Job im doing has an odd shaped pocket with an island

if I use high speed closed pocket all is well but surface finnish is down on base of pocket

when I use traditional pocket mill it does not clean up all the base , tried using different cutter overlaps and still have elements which have not been machined

due to the nature of the pocket im having to use a 3mm dia cutter. what am I missing here ?

also having trouble shiting datums when importing models ie job upside down ...Z pointing downwards etc

any help would be great or even a kick in the right direction

My condolences on shiting datums, sounds painful :D

OneCNC has a user forum at onecncforum.com which you can join if you have your dongle number handy. Lots of resources there to review based on answers to user questions.

This is how I reorient a model
1 import the model into ONECNC
2 draw a 1 inch line some where on the x or y axis depending on how you need to rotate
3 select the model
4 Go to Transform
5 Select rotate around line
6 Enter rotation amount
7 hit ok
Part should be rotated at this point
Follow above procedure to rotate around the other axis
Once I get the part with the side I want facing up I select the model again and use the rotate function to get the part oriented the way I want.
To set a particular feature to x zero y zero I go to the modeling tools and extract two edges that form a corner.
At this point I select the model and the two edges.
Go to transform, select move, move from should be the intersection point of the two edges, move to you can enter x zero y zero z zero in the box or just drag curser over to x y zero. This will work with the center of an arc also. You just need to remember to extract what ever edges you want to use.

Back