What's new
What's new

ONSHAPE goes public tomorrow

Tomorrow morning no more NDA!!

everyone can now get it!

It will be interesting to see how well it is received. I can't really comment until tomorrow, but Fusion with CAM is going to be tough to beat.

Who cares?

Me, I like to see new technologies even if I don't use them. Nice to see how thing develop. If you don't care why bother to waste you time even clicking on a post about it much less typing a reply :) so must be you secretly care.

I drove it today and omg I love it. Does need CAM though. Can't wait to hear more once open beta starts.

It will be interesting to see how well it is received. I can't really comment until tomorrow, but Fusion with CAM is going to be tough to beat.

I love what autodesk is doing, but it seems pretty buggy to me thus far. A simple fillet won't function correctly for me. Onshape has it going on. Let us pray that a CAM solution materializes and is equally as exciting.

I love what autodesk is doing, but it seems pretty buggy to me thus far. A simple fillet won't function correctly for me. Onshape has it going on. Let us pray that a CAM solution materializes and is equally as exciting.

To be fair I have not done more than really kick the tires on OnShape. Just enough to see what it is like. But for me even if I choose not to use it I hope it is awesome and sets the bar high for all companies. Nothing like some good competition to keep all the cad companies honest and moving forward.

This is interesting to me... As I only have 2D CAD software, and am constantly receiving new prints to quote etc, I'm at the point where I could really use some 3D CAD software... This is certainly worth the time to check it out...

I would give it some time, I just logged in to my account and there was a new terms agreement to accept and the NDA lifted. It says the forums were opened to the public also.
It just changed less than an hour ago.

Actually, after about 30 minutes, i got a follow-up email saying that my account is ready. Looks like we'll give this thing a shot. This was with a company e-mail address though. Maybe a Hotmail/Gmail account wouldn't get the same priority?

Actually, after about 30 minutes, i got a follow-up email saying that my account is ready. Looks like we'll give this thing a shot. This was with a company e-mail address though. Maybe a Hotmail/Gmail account wouldn't get the same priority?

I guess I'll find out! I can always try again with the company email if I don't get a response in a few hours.

More than an hour... and still nothing (via Gmail). Curious. I'll try my company email and see what happens.

Edit: just the "too full" message so far.

100$ a month really doesn't seem to bad... interesting! thanks for the info... this is news to me
The way I read it, it can be free if you don't mind activating and deactivating documents.

You can have as many private docs as you want but only 5 active at a time. So you can activate and deactivate as needed. I am not sure but I think if you don't mind sharing them you can have as many public documents as you want.

I think $100 may be a little high, but they obviously have researched it and know where they need to be. Just seems ADSK set the bar pretty high with $100/mo for what I see as basically the same plus CAM. Drawings in OnShape don't exist and well the ones in Fusion are "there" but far from useable so probably a wash in that area.

Back