What's new
What's new

Post Processor for SprutCAM9 and KmotionCNC (EMC)

goldenfab

Cast Iron
So I am completely fed up with Mach3. I have been using a FKLOP motion control board and Mach3 with the KFLOP plugin to run my mill. Yesterday it halted motion for apparently no reason which it likes to do every few hours. When I dated to cycle start again which usually works it went off path and scrapped my part. It could be my setup or PC but I have other reasons to loathe it as well, primarily because it is terrible controlling acceleration for complex surface machining via short poly-line segments.

I have started using KMotionCNC. It is night and day better controlling motion. For poly-line segments it very noticeably runs the same code much faster and smoother than the Mach3 setup.

My problem is I have not found a post processor to use. It mostly works with the Mach3 post I was using but has some issues. KMotionCNC supposedly adheres to EMC so it should work with a post designed for LinuxCNC right? I sent a request to SprutCAM and am waiting to hear back from them. If anyone knows where to get a post processor file that would work in the mean time I would be much appreciative.

-Adam

So I am completely fed up with Mach3. I have been using a FKLOP motion control board and Mach3 with the KFLOP plugin to run my mill. Yesterday it halted motion for apparently no reason which it likes to do every few hours. When I dated to cycle start again which usually works it went off path and scrapped my part. It could be my setup or PC but I have other reasons to loathe it as well, primarily because it is terrible controlling acceleration for complex surface machining via short poly-line segments.

I have started using KMotionCNC. It is night and day better controlling motion. For poly-line segments it very noticeably runs the same code much faster and smoother than the Mach3 setup.

My problem is I have not found a post processor to use. It mostly works with the Mach3 post I was using but has some issues. KMotionCNC supposedly adheres to EMC so it should work with a post designed for LinuxCNC right? I sent a request to SprutCAM and am waiting to hear back from them. If anyone knows where to get a post processor file that would work in the mean time I would be much appreciative.

-Adam

Just use a fanuc post

I tried the Fanuc (30i)_Mill post that cam with SprutCAM. KMotionCNC does not like G69 that it creates. So I deleted it and it runs. Problem is it also writes a G21 so units are changed to mm. I could change this but I'm afraid its only going to be one of many problems.

I tried the Fanuc (30i)_Mill post that cam with SprutCAM. KMotionCNC does not like G69 that it creates. So I deleted it and it runs. Problem is it also writes a G21 so units are changed to mm. I could change this but I'm afraid its only going to be one of many problems.

Sprutcam doesn't have an inch fanuc one?

If they do I could not find it. I made changes to the post processor file to not include the G69 and changed G21 to G20. But now I have an issue with arcs. KMotionCNC throws an error about the arc points being wrong. I disabled arcs for as a quick temporary fix. I posted a new file and let it cut air for a while and it seemed ok. I just now started cutting a part and its doing ok so far...

If they do I could not find it. I made changes to the post processor file to not include the G69 and changed G21 to G20. But now I have an issue with arcs. KMotionCNC throws an error about the arc points being wrong. I disabled arcs for as a quick temporary fix. I posted a new file and let it cut air for a while and it seemed ok. I just now started cutting a part and its doing ok so far...

Arcs are always picky

Back