What's new
What's new

Programming a part stop in edgecam

conceptdevelopers

Cast Iron
I like to put a programmed part stop in my programs and right now I manually insert them but I know there is a way to do it in the program. I put a 1/4" dowel in a tool holder and program it to rapid down, stop, load a part against it and push start and it retracts. The only thing I have been able to do is alter the solid model with an extra hole, program it to drill, then delete it out of my model. This works but of course edgecam doesn't like when I delete the phantom hole. I want to do it in the program so when I run the simulation for the set up people they see an accurate way the program runs.
I'm a self taught edgecam user so there's a lot of things I don't know about it. I don't do any drawing in edgecam. I use inventor to make my solid models.

Problem clear as mud?:confused:

I have not used edgecam for years but on the older version I used there was M-Functions that gave you an option to insert a program stop pretty much anywhere.

see if there is some kind of Manual toolpath or text dump tool path. In mcam I paste it into what they call a "Manual Toolpath Entry". I could not find the equivalent with a search, but I bet it is in there.

In Surfcam traditional I do stuff like this with custom drill cycles. In the post template, you can put whatever you want in there for drill cycles, custom or otherwise. It's easy to get XYZ data (+other stuff) formatted just the way you want.

Perhaps edgecam has a similar function? Never used it myself.

You don't need a "hole" in your model to drill a hole. Just create a point where the "hole" was, and drill the point. That's how I do all my holes. I thinks that how I interpret your problem. Otherwise to insert manual code, you can "Insert Nc code"

Back