What's new
What's new

Reverse 4th direction of rotation FeatureCAM

wheelieking71

Diamond
uhggg, I used to know how!
I have not been in X-build in a good long while. And, well, guess I forgot......

Obviously, get in to X-build. Then I thought it was: Formats ~ Move ~ Linear, then change something to do with ROTWIND

But, it doesn't look like I remember it. Am I even in the right place? I'm rusty over here.

What I really don't understand is why the direction of rotation would be different between two machines?
This is the first time I have actually set the rotab up in this machine (sold the other), and post runs it backerds? Weird

uhggg, I used to know how!
I have not been in X-build in a good long while. And, well, guess I forgot......

Obviously, get in to X-build. Then I thought it was: Formats ~ Move ~ Linear, then change something to do with ROTWIND

But, it doesn't look like I remember it. Am I even in the right place? I'm rusty over here.

What I really don't understand is why the direction of rotation would be different between two machines?
This is the first time I have actually set the rotab up in this machine (sold the other), and post runs it backerds? Weird

Check parameter 43 on your machines

Yep. This. Thesidetalker beat me to it. You can reverse the power and encoder settings in your Haas. If they are "1"s, change them to "0"s. Or, vice versa...

Test is out before you go gettin' jiggy with it... :eek:

Good luck.

Thanks guys! I will check that out.

But, I finally figured out where I saved all my older posts. And grabbed the version before my usual.
And, whaddaya know! I got the proper +'s & -'s.
So, I figgered: Cool, I will just open this one and see whats different. And, uhh, nothing is different.

I don't really wanna reverse the direction of rotation in the machine, because, as it is in jog, it corresponds with how it should be.
Rotab at right end of table, + rotation = clockwise. Thats how I like it.

So, for now I just posted with my old post, for today.

But, I still want to "remember" how to reverse it in F-cam. I called support first thing this morning. Of course nobody answered.
And, of course nobody has called me back.

Hey Wheelie!

Your question prompted me to look a my post to see if I can find something.

Well, I did find something. Actually, I've found some nothing!!!

Lemme explain:
Do not know what happened, but all, and I mean ALL of my older posts that said "4th-axis" lost any and all references
to indexing!
Seriously, I have dozens of programs with properly posted A-codes.
Curiously, now that I've checked, none of them had any remnants of the <IF><INDEX><THEN> A[<ROT1-WIND>%360] comments!

So, now I have a question for you: Do you think something had happened to your posts during some recent update?
I know for a fact that the last time I've posted a 4 axis program was in December, and it went perfectly.
I now just re-posted the very same program with the very post that was saved with the file, and had absolutely no A output at all!!!
SIM worked perfectly, but no A.
Looked in the post, there were no references at all to indexing, not in toolchange, not in segment start, not in rapid nor in linear motion.

So, do you think something similar happened to you as well?
BTW, I am still running V21.8.1.35 on this machine.

Also, if you DO find out how to change the index direction, please let me know as I have one machine where the rotab is on the left side of the table.

I spent at least a dozen hours fighting with it, and came up with no solution. Called our FeatureCam support guy, he was completely worthless, as always. I found it was far faster to change the program manually, but it was only 6 or 8 moves over a two hour long machine cycle. If it was dozens of A axis moves per program, I would have told them to get the FeatureCam rep out there to fix it.

Hey Wheelie!

Your question prompted me to look a my post to see if I can find something.

Well, I did find something. Actually, I've found some nothing!!!

Lemme explain:
Do not know what happened, but all, and I mean ALL of my older posts that said "4th-axis" lost any and all references
to indexing!
Seriously, I have dozens of programs with properly posted A-codes.
Curiously, now that I've checked, none of them had any remnants of the <IF><INDEX><THEN> A[<ROT1-WIND>%360] comments!

So, now I have a question for you: Do you think something had happened to your posts during some recent update?
I know for a fact that the last time I've posted a 4 axis program was in December, and it went perfectly.
I now just re-posted the very same program with the very post that was saved with the file, and had absolutely no A output at all!!!
SIM worked perfectly, but no A.
Looked in the post, there were no references at all to indexing, not in toolchange, not in segment start, not in rapid nor in linear motion.

So, do you think something similar happened to you as well?
BTW, I am still running V21.8.1.35 on this machine.

Also, if you DO find out how to change the index direction, please let me know as I have one machine where the rotab is on the left side of the table.

I am on version 21.6.0.27. This is version 2015, and I don't think I have ever updated it, and have no intention to!
All the ROT1-WIND stuff is still there in both posts I have looked at. Both posts are working fine.
But one posts: + / -, and the other: - / +. And, I don't see the difference.

Let me know if you would like me to email you a post to play with......

I spent at least a dozen hours fighting with it, and came up with no solution. Called our FeatureCam support guy, he was completely worthless, as always. I found it was far faster to change the program manually, but it was only 6 or 8 moves over a two hour long machine cycle. If it was dozens of A axis moves per program, I would have told them to get the FeatureCam rep out there to fix it.

I used to know how to do it. And, it was very simple. I have just lost the info somewhere in the mush in my dome.
And the "HELP" button offers exactly zero help.

Let me know if you would like me to email you a post to play with......

Thanks Wheelie.
I did just modify the 4 places of my post.
It is only 4-ax positioning, so I'm pretty sure to have gotten it all back, but it is still maddening to not know WTF happened.

I might dig into my incremental daily backups to see if the 8+ month old version is still there.

The sign of any word in xbuild can be set entirely seperately to the code. So, if the format is identical but you are getting inverted direction in the posted gcode there is probably a sign applied to the factor for that word.

CNC-Info > Word Formatting > ROT1WIND (if that's what you're using) > Factor

The sign of any word in xbuild can be set entirely seperately to the code. So, if the format is identical but you are getting inverted direction in the posted gcode there is probably a sign applied to the factor for that word.

CNC-Info > Word Formatting > ROT1WIND (if that's what you're using) > Factor

And, there we have it! Thank you gregor! -1.000 got me my proper direction back.

Which leads me to believe the aforementioned setting had been messed with on the old machine.

Back