What's new
What's new

Saving program back to puter help

tay2daizzo8

Hot Rolled
Hi im using EditCNC / ConnectCNC to send programs back and forth with RS232 cable

The issue im having is when i send the programs back all the lines get double spaced, so the program takes up twice as many lines..cant figure out how to fix it any ideas?

The issue im having is when i send the programs back all the lines get double spaced, so the program takes up twice as many lines..cant figure out how to fix it any ideas?
Fifty cents says whatever editor you use on the computer is seeing both the carriage return AND the line feed as newline characters. You didn't say what you are using but most editors have settings you can change for that. Look in the manual for your editor.

not for a control specific parameter for example on a FANUC Oi series there is parameter 100 bits 2 and 3 control the out put bit 2 = 0 depends on setting of bit 3 if its =1 CR<LF is output, then bit 3 = 0 LF,CR,CR is output and = 1 only LF is output. That's the reason for my question on the control. Good luck
Tom

Every Fanuc 0i in the place does that when uploading to a computer. If you don't edit out the blank lines after uploading it will insert yet another dose of them the next time you download to the control. Stupid, no earthly reason for it at all.
Haas doesn't have that problem, whether you go to/from Cimco Edit or plain ole Notepad.

fanuc okuma yasnac its all the same..im using editcnc

Definitely not the same. Newer Haas use some variety of Windows, perhaps CE, while the older Haas were linux. A lot of older fanuc controls probably were derived unix. They are all very different and handle IO in different ways as well, sometimes slightly different and other times vastly different. Point being don't assume anything.

Found this on *******:
i have a fanuc 21i MB control, a fanuc Oi - TC and a fanuc Oi - TB control and when I punch out a program to card it places double spaces between every line. Can anyone HELP,

reply:
Here is parameter 70.7 for the 0MC control:
ICR
1 : EOB is punched out as “LF when punching with IS0 code.
0 : EOB is punched out as “LF” “CR” “CR” when punching with IS0 code.

There is a similar one for the 21 control too.

this is exactly why I had asked what control it is, on a FANUC control there are parameters that are related to the output format. Is it a OiB, OiC, OiD or OiF, on the OiF I believe there are different parameter numbers as it follows the 30i series

i have one tru fanuc oim i think.. all the others are yasnac and okuma, also happens on the mori lathes. i checked recieve settings, nothing about skipping lines. we never used to have this problem but one day it just started.

I would put money on that there is a setting for skipping empty lines. It may be called something else, on cimco its omit empty lines. As was mentioned here as well, you line ending recognition may not be set correctly.
A quick search on their website results in this... Okuma OSP5 G-code file transfer or DNC Maybe start there.

Back