What's new
What's new

Seeking some help getting Mastercam 2017 settings dialed in for various machines.

dodgin

Hot Rolled
Hey everyone - I'm hoping to get kind of an ongoing help thread here for setting up Mastercam 2017 to some machines on the shop floor.

I started with a new company recently, and they have upgraded from Smartcam to the newest version of Mastercam. This version of Mastercam is new to me and also the super old machines are new to me, so I'm hoping someone with more experience might be inclined to chime in.

First question I've generated is about some Mazak lathes I need to get running (about 79-85 vintage). These machines all have 2 turrets, the back for ID tools and the front for OD tools - everything center spindle to the back turret is -X and everything from center to the front turret is +X. So in this case, we're working the opposite of the default definition in Mastercam. Does anyone know the way to change this? Machine definition?

Thanks for any help.

Nope.

And the post for this machine looks pretty well set up. Just need to figure out how to get those coords right and build up the tool library for it.

Hey everyone - I'm hoping to get kind of an ongoing help thread here for setting up Mastercam 2017 to some machines on the shop floor.

I started with a new company recently, and they have upgraded from Smartcam to the newest version of Mastercam. This version of Mastercam is new to me and also the super old machines are new to me, so I'm hoping someone with more experience might be inclined to chime in.

First question I've generated is about some Mazak lathes I need to get running (about 79-85 vintage). These machines all have 2 turrets, the back for ID tools and the front for OD tools - everything center spindle to the back turret is -X and everything from center to the front turret is +X. So in this case, we're working the opposite of the default definition in Mastercam. Does anyone know the way to change this? Machine definition?

Thanks for any help.

I see you're in Michigan also, is Rob your reseller? If so, give him a call or send him an email. He's very good at helping you out with anything you need.

Back