What's new
What's new

Setup Sheet Template

cmmpro1

Plastic
Good afternoon! Does anyone have a Milling/Turning Setup Sheet Template in excel that they can share? I'm actually a CMM programmer that was pulled to do some CAM programming since in know some G-CODE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good afternoon! Does anyone have a Milling/Turning Setup Sheet Template in excel that they can share? I'm actually a CMM programmer that was pulled to do some CAM programming since in know some G-CODE.

i have seen a tool list in Excel but a setup drawing or picture often its done in Powerpoint where adding a arrow and text box to picture is what its made for. you can do same in excel but arrows move around when you resize cells and rows. in Powerpoint each sheet is independent of the others.
Tool list is what ever you need like gagelength, dia, min and max stickout, etc some use wear comp instead of actual length and dia that way if forgotten to be put in control tool in general it is farther away (crash prevention). you have to adapt to the control you have and the parts you are making

i have seen a tool list in Excel but a setup drawing or picture often its done in Powerpoint where adding a arrow and text box to picture is what its made for. you can do same in excel but arrows move around when you resize cells and rows. in Powerpoint each sheet is independent of the others.
Tool list is what ever you need like gagelength, dia, min and max stickout, etc some use wear comp instead of actual length and dia that way if forgotten to be put in control tool in general it is farther away (crash prevention). you have to adapt to the control you have and the parts you are making

Thank you for the info. It's been a few years since I've been a machinist. Programming from cad using Fusion 360 and Inventor.

Back