What's new
What's new

Programming 3d laser shapes with cam

Jordan83

Aluminum
Hello! Is anyone programming cnc lasers? I’m looking at programming some film cooling features for some aerospace parts. Basically need to program 3d shapes. Really drawing a blank since there is no tool tip. Anyone having success with this? I’ve been playing around with some contouring paths in NX but haven’t found any final solution yet.

Thanks!!

Hello! Is anyone programming cnc lasers? I’m looking at programming some film cooling features for some aerospace parts. Basically need to program 3d shapes. Really drawing a blank since there is no tool tip. Anyone having success with this? I’ve been playing around with some contouring paths in NX but haven’t found any final solution yet.

Thanks!!

We have 2 Mitsubishi VZ10's. I use MetaCAM to program them.

Thought about trying it with Smurfcam just for shits and giggles. I guess the equivalent cut would be a 5axis swarf, then you'd just adjust the tool axially to the position you want. I said thought, because it's it's not really worth it to try. Metacam is so easy to use (at least the CAM side, the cad is retarded) has full simulation and the linking moves between cuts are automatic, simulate properly and are easy to adjust if needed.

Which laser are you using?

Back