What's new
What's new

Siemens 802d Fusion360 post

bdrmachine

Aluminum
Has anyone out there used Fusion-360 on a 802D Siemens control? I'm gist getting started with setting up and using my newly purchased Romi C420 (2011) model. I have figured out the manual side and some of the cnc functions. I've been able to hand write code. I sure would like to have cam. Fusion-360 seems to be the ticket but, the posts for this machine suck. I have tried the G291 mode (ISO cnc G code) and G290 (Default Siemens mode). Neither one will run without LOTS of re-coding at the machine.

Thanks
Brian

I was hoping that someone had tackled this problem before. So far my best solution to posting to my Romi C420 using Fusion, is to use the Fanuc Turning post. Before importing to my machine I change all G50's to G92, G99's to G95 and add a G291 to the start of the code. This minimizes the code changes that have to be done at the control.

I was hoping that someone had tackled this problem before. So far my best solution to posting to my Romi C420 using Fusion, is to use the Fanuc Turning post. Before importing to my machine I change all G50's to G92, G99's to G95 and add a G291 to the start of the code. This minimizes the code changes that have to be done at the control.

If you can define what needs changed from an existing post, making the post edits themselves isn't actually too difficult.

Whats wrong with the Siemens turning post? It is a generic turning post so you should only need minimal edits depending on the control your using. The post labeled as 802 is a milling post.

Back