What's new
What's new

Solidworks On Demand training

Pattnmaker

Stainless
I just got an email the other day about Solidworks on demand training which are online courses that you can work on at any time. Has anyone taken any of these courses? Did you feel they were worth the money?

I have several reverse engineering projects coming up that will need to do a lot of surface modeling and I have struggled with surfaces in the past. I am considering taking the surfacing course which is apparently pretty much the same as the instructor led class. That being said $600usd seems like a lot of money for an online course and I wonder if I could spend an equivalent amount of time watching youtube videos and trying things and learn as much for free.

It depends on how good your surfaces need to be. Pro level work takes a lot of training and experience. Or maybe you don't need stuff thsts perfect. Then maybe youtube is good enough.

just do SolidProfessor or Igetit

Thanks I will try Solidprofessor out for sure this weekend. Igetit seems to the same lessons over and over just adjusted for the different releases of Solidworks? Is this the case or is each years lesson totally different? The Igetit is about half the price of the SW lesson I am most interested in but is only 2-3 hrs of lessons.

It depends on how good your surfaces need to be. Pro level work takes a lot of training and experience. Or maybe you don't need stuff thsts perfect. Then maybe youtube is good enough.

Depends, like everyone often I have things "that" :) need to be perfect other times as long as the surface works it is OK. I do need good models I can machine from. There are a lot of good videos on Youtube on SW. Lots of bad videos as well. So once you were well past the basics John did you find training made you learn MUCH faster than self study using online sources and the help files?

Another option is training DVD's. The one I bought was helpful to me, but it is no longer available. If you are not happy with online training, look on Amazon at Solidworks training DVD's. There are many.

Has anyone looked at Lynda.com. I find it most useful for much of my software training, i.e. - C & C++, Solidworks, Photoshop, Web design, Business and many others. I have a full time subscription @ $35 a month and you can cancel at anytime. I believe they have a $25 dollar subscription also, but it does not include the example files. They also have a free subscription as I recall.

Has anyone looked at Lynda.com. I find it most useful for much of my software training, i.e. - C & C++, Solidworks, Photoshop, Web design, Business and many others. I have a full time subscription @ $35 a month and you can cancel at anytime. I believe they have a $25 dollar subscription also, but it does not include the example files. They also have a free subscription as I recall.

+1 for this

I know a lot of schools have a free subscription as part of their enrollment. I did like Lynda.com when I had access to it from school.

Back