What's new
What's new

solidworks to edgecam ??

xray

Plastic
Hi all,

I have version 9.75 of Edgecam (sad I know but its just for now..) lol
and I have Solidworks 2010...

I have a licence for solid machinist 2 in edgcam 9.75.

Can I import parts or solids from soildworks to machine?

I have tried but with noo success.

What am I doing wrong if anything?

Any help much appreciated as this is driving me insane !!!. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

The import file/program in your Edgecam is not updated to open Solidworks 2010. I suspect that the updates are tied to each release and can't be applied to older versions. Maybe if maintenance is current it might, but then you wouldn't be running 9.75 would you?

for now Im just waiting for the managment (who are sooooo slow) to get the maintinace sorted and an upgrade sorted.
Until then I'm trying my best to get by..

What format would be best for edgecam?
Could I translate it another way?

Thanks for the Info man :-)

What format would be best for edgecam?
Could I translate it another way?

Save the SW model as a STEP file, and read it into Edgecam as STEP. Works fine for us with Solid Edge files of the wrong version.

Edit - I think we switched to Parasolid .X_T files.

Save the SW model as a STEP file, and read it into Edgecam as STEP. Works fine for us with Solid Edge files of the wrong version.

Edit - I think we switched to Parasolid .X_T files.

you also may have to use a older version of the parasolid form SW.

when saving from SW in the lower right corner is a options button, push it and it go to the page where you can select the older ones. it may have to be trial and error, but if you look at it is pretty much a number per release of SW, so the top on is for SW2010 the next SW2009 and so on.

Back