What's new
What's new

Solidworks, HSMWorks and Surface Pro

implmex

Diamond
Hi All:
Anyone tried this?
Not for real design work; I have a Dell workstation (T7400) for that, but I want to be able to doodle when I'm at home, and since Dassault no longer allows two installations, I'm forced to deactivate one while I activate the other.

I just KNOW I'm going to forget sooner or later and then I'm going to be pissed that I can't use my Solidworks when and where I need to.

Will I wind up HATING the Surface Pro?

Cheers

Marcus
Implant Mechanix • Design & Innovation > HOME
www.vancouverwireedm.com

Hi All:
Anyone tried this?
Not for real design work; I have a Dell workstation (T7400) for that, but I want to be able to doodle when I'm at home, and since Dassault no longer allows two installations, I'm forced to deactivate one while I activate the other.

I just KNOW I'm going to forget sooner or later and then I'm going to be pissed that I can't use my Solidworks when and where I need to.

Will I wind up HATING the Surface Pro?

Cheers

Marcus
www.vancouverwireedm.com

Its works just don't expect a world of speed.

Used Solidworks on Surface Pro- Surface Pro 3

That is weird that you can do a home install. I have one and it was part of the purchase. Just curious since when did dassault start this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi pablo:
They snuck it in on the sly in April of 2017.
Nobody was told they were going to do this I assume because they didn't want everyone running off to install the second seat and get in under the wire.
So now everyone who feels jerked around by yet another software company is going to be one step closer to BitTorrent or some other place to get crackware.

Sometimes these guys are just too stupid to live!!

Cheers

Marcus
www.vancouverwireedm.com

I fought trying to get solidworks to activate when moving to a new laptop computer and trying to keep my main work PC. A few back and forth emails and it works again. Not sure for how long. So there is some flexibility.

Back