What's new
What's new

SpaceClaim vs CATIA for rev engineering beginner

davide445

Plastic
SpaceClaim vs CATIA for reverse engineering

Evaluating tools to start a new RE service in an existing company.

Limited CAD internal experience, parent company did have CATIA seats.

First requests are for eyewear and nautical propeller RE.

Did find SpaceClaim (SC) simple to start with, my doubts are if CATIA learning curve so more steep to justify the cost for SC, SC online community size, CATIA costs and features of RE module.

Last edited:
Maybe a simpler question was useful: there is anyone here using SpaceClaim?

If not got already an useful answer, considering this need to be the place with the most thread on this sw...

I have been using SpaceClaim off and on for a few years now and I like it. It is easy to learn and the customer support is great. I do not use it regularly so I am still learning. I have not used Catia but heard it was kind of complex to use.

I have been using SpaceClaim off and on for a few years now and I like it. It is easy to learn and the customer support is great. I do not use it regularly so I am still learning. I have not used Catia but heard it was kind of complex to use.

I've also the opportunity to test CATIA, apart the cost itself appear to me to jump back in the '80 in term of user experience.
I really like SC for what I've seen, but there are ANY online community? This is really useful for all users, but appear ANSYS is not supporting the idea and also strange not to find any private one : too few seats or all working on secret projects?

Back