What's new
What's new

Stock error mx4 and 5

Avsfan135

Cast Iron
Hi guys

I am having issues with stock in x4 and 5. I create a rough pass on an ID and it seems fine but it doesn't update the stock correctly. It is leaving stock where the toolpath clearly goes right thru. this causes retract and toolpath issues on operations that follow

Has anyone encountered this? or have any ideas what might be wrong?

thanks in advance for any insight its really appreciated!

I have done updates mu3 for x4 and mu1 for x5

Your probly off in Z plane check your parameters and see if your not trying to go positive in Z instead of negative.

thank you but that is not it

there is an internal groove in the part and when the rougher passes the start point of that groove it doesn't update the stock after that point ill try to post a picture of my screen

0eb6c21f.jpg

As you can see the toolpath goes directly thru the stock but the stock stays there?? Im stumped big time

I have had stock recognition issues with Mastercam lathe since ever. Especially when MC needs to calculate a plunge (as might be the case here) or an entry vector for a groove or back turned feature. Try playing around first with your plunge settings and second with your lead in parameters. I know neither of these should apply here but they may. FWIW I'm going to the X6 roll out at our resellers tomorrow (free lunch and maybe a mouse pad! [I'm a cheap date]) and my favorite tech support person (we speak often) assures me that there are many fixes and enhancements to Lathe. We've been out in the cold for so long now.

I have had stock recognition issues with Mastercam lathe since ever. Especially when MC needs to calculate a plunge (as might be the case here) or an entry vector for a groove or back turned feature. Try playing around first with your plunge settings and second with your lead in parameters. I know neither of these should apply here but they may. FWIW I'm going to the X6 roll out at our resellers tomorrow (free lunch and maybe a mouse pad! [I'm a cheap date]) and my favorite tech support person (we speak often) assures me that there are many fixes and enhancements to Lathe. We've been out in the cold for so long now.

Thanks for the reply!
Ill try that but the problem is I dont want to plunge or change my lead in!:willy_nilly: although changing my lead in shouldn't hurt anything.

thanks again
Nick

I am still having this problem

I have tried deleting and reloading mastercam

I've gotten a new video card Quadro.

When I save these files and open them on a different computer they regen just fine. Its very bizarre because the computer I have is not shabby its one of the better ones in the shop.

Next step is an entirely new computer because I just don't know what else to do??

That gets here today

do you have any suggestions?

Back