What's new

.STP File Viewer?

• Thread starter Ox
  • Start date
  • Replies 16
  • Views 6,635

Ox

Diamond
Only threads with appropriate titles that I found here were several years old and short, so starting a new one.

Google found this one:

STP Viewer

One viewer that Microsoft found had a piss poor rating. (I don't know what it was.)

Note - I doo not have any CAD or CAM, nor doo I know how to use them. I'm just looking for a viewer that I can at least view the file, but being able to print it out would be really good.

--------------------------

I am Ox and I approve this h'yah post!

Only threads with appropriate titles that I found here were several years old and short, so starting a new one.

Google found this one:

STP Viewer

One viewer that Microsoft found had a piss poor rating. (I don't know what it was.)

Note - I doo not have any CAD or CAM, nor doo I know how to use them. I'm just looking for a viewer that I can at least view the file, but being able to print it out would be really good.

--------------------------

I am Ox and I approve this h'yah post!
i would try FreeCad. basically it can do a lot. they are adding features every few months. not as well developed as Solidworks but for the free price it is actually pretty good.
they need to finish the drawing module to be able to make drawings easier from a 3D cad model. as of right now it is limited on what it can do but it gets better with every new program update

The latest Google sketchup can import, edit, and export STL files. rest of the program isn't very compatible with cad, but if all you want to do is view them, it'll work.

Viewing a CAD file is easy. Extracting usable dimensions from it is something else. :wall:

OK then - I AM not so far removed as I thought then.

My ghetto workaround for this issue is to have the person who created the file email me a screen shot of their computer with all the pertinent dimensions pulled up. Hell, just taking a quick picture of their screen with their cell phone and texting me the image works good enough for me to say yes or no the the job.

Nope, eDrawings doesn't open stp files. Maybe you're thinking of STL?
Just a thought. It seems like it should open them. Personally I use Solidworks for opening them. But that doesn't help ox

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Back