What's new
What's new

Tool path

Alpa

Plastic
Hello,
I hope this is the right section to open my post. I have a sheet with a freeform surface in a parasolid file (but i can import it in Solidworks or Creo).

Surface.jpg Surface 1.jpg

I have to obtain the Gcode of a robot arm that has to "scan" vertically the surface of the sheet from only one side. I´m trying to do that using Creo Parametric but i'm just learning to use it and i didn't find anything helpful (tutorial) on the web. Do you know how can i do that using Creo? Or could you suggest me an easier and fast way to obtain the gcode from the surface?

Thank you in advance,
Best regards,
Alberto

you can import a parasolid into any of the solid based CAD softwares as well as many CAM softwares, pretty much a standard import as iges, step and dwg\dxf

Thanks for your answer len. I imported the file in Creo but i still don't know how obtain the path of the robot on the surface. Could you give me some suggestions?

Thank you in advance,
Best regards,
Alberto

It's a robot arm where i have to mount on a sensor. The sensor scans the surface. So i need to know the Gcode of the robot arm. I have to obtain it possibly using Creo Parametric. I was looking for a tutorial but i didn't find anything about my case. Could you help me?

Thank you very much,
Alberto

Back