What's new
What's new

Tebis cam

Tebis testing

We are looking at Tebis for CAM. We use Pro-NC but recemt testing on one product line shows a faster programming time (almost 50 percent faster in this case). We are considering Tebis only because we have international locations and other systems also need to be compared. But thus far Tebis has shown to be easy to learn and programmer friendly.

we are looking at tebis for cam. We use pro-nc but recemt testing on one product line shows a faster programming time (almost 50 percent faster in this case). We are considering tebis only because we have international locations and other systems also need to be compared. But thus far tebis has shown to be easy to learn and programmer friendly.

i program with tebis 3.3 and 3.4 and work nc. Tebis is a better choice for importing and exporting and any machining on an angle. Its roughly 140,000.00 per seat.

i program with tebis 3.3 and 3.4 and work nc. Tebis is a better choice for importing and exporting and any machining on an angle. Its roughly 140,000.00 per seat.

WOW. Is work NC comparable to that cost? I know Siemens NX isn't even close to that.....

No, WorkNC is a small fraction of that price. I had a quote for Tebis about 8 years ago and it was $75,000 a seat. WorkNC is still way, way cheaper than that.

Dan

you can tilt a program after it is made multiple times until it clears. i use tebis for topologies and any part area. work nc is good for drilling and tapping only. tebis keeps the cutter planted almost the entire time unlike work nc. faster machining = more profit. so it is actually cheaper in the long run to pay a little more upfront for more further down the road.

"you can tilt a program after it is made multiple times until it clears."

Can't you do the same automatically with WorkNC's auto5 or auto3+2 functionality?

I'm not disagreeing with you, as I don't have Tebis experience to use as a point of reference. I'm just curious as to what the difference is.

Thanks,

Dan

That's kind of the whole point of Auto 5 and Auto 3+2, but even in the standard package the tool orientation function in the G3 interface does a good job of finding the collision free tip angle beforehand without needing to tilt a calculated program a bunch of times after the fact. (which would seem to be limited to ball tools only, unless it's still recalculating the cutterpath)

Back