What's new
What's new

Are there any CAMWorks users?

adin27

Plastic
Hi All
Are there any CAMWorks user?I am using CAMWorks for my Makino CNC milling and find it great there are lot of options for generating NC code.Its Automatic Feature recognization is too good you will love it.I need help in cnc milling module.
Thanks & Regards
Aeromanm

cam works

I have been using Camworks for about 6 years. I have become very dependent on Camworks. Yes there are many way to accomplish you goal by using Camworks. I could try and help with any questions you have. There is also a forum on the Camworks web site, where a lot of people seek help. If your license is up to day then you also probably have technical support from your VAR.

Have fun,
A.J.

New CamWorks User

We just got CamWorks 2011 this year after buying a new AMS AW5SL Wire machine. I have to say, although it is different, once you understand what is needed (only 3D) and how to manipulate the settings, it does as advertised. It is an add on to Solidworks, so you'd either need SW or you can buy CW as a standalone.
I feel that the program is much more popular for milling and lathe than WEDM, but I can see it improving with each release. It took a solid month of messing around, tech support calls and practice parts even after training, to get used to the interface and learn how to extrude all the parts to ready them for machining. It is truly a WYSIWYG program, with great simulation, so you can make small changes to tweak your program before committing it to metal. You should already be versed in Solidworks or you may get lost quickly in class. We have a ton of legacy Cadkey parts to use, so extruding them is sometimes a challenge since SW needs relatively clean figures (no duplicate or overlapping lines, etc.)
The price was reasonable and the NH VAR is responsive. The best support so far came in the post processor development where they were able to customize our post the way we need it. The training was more geared toward milling (I was the only wire guy) but I got extra time and individual support to make up for it. I give CamWorks a solid B so far, compared to Esprit 2011 which gets a C-/D+. My oldest CAM program was CT Esprit, (B+) which although only 2D, ran all our Charmilles machines without disappointment.

How do you rate YOUR CAM?

Been using Camworks since 2005. Everyone has their favorite CAM product, and a lot of folks on this forum have bad mouthed Camworks. Is it perfect? Of course not, and no system is. I have a love-hate relationship with it. Some things are easy and slick, others are cumbersome. Came with rotten post processors, but I learned how to use the development tool and now get good clean output. In short, it hasn't been without grief, but it does what I need it to do. The key is the tech database. I didn't know how to set it up right at first, but once I got it the way I wanted it (especially lathe), cranking out programs is pretty fast now.

Support is generally good at the VAR level, but occasionally have trouble getting guys at the development level understand my issue. No major problems though.

I have been using camworks for 7 years and I love it. I was a mastercam guy before, and there is no way I would ever go back.

Jason,

Back