What's new
What's new

Tool life management

Scapegoat

Plastic
Does anyone know the best way to monitor tool life using Siemens 840 control? And how you’d incorporate this into your program. For example I need a tool to do 20 parts then life out so the operator needs to change the tool. I know there is a tool monitoring page but I’m really looking for the code to activate all of this from the main program. Cheers.

Does anyone know the best way to monitor tool life using Siemens 840 control? And how you’d incorporate this into your program. For example I need a tool to do 20 parts then life out so the operator needs to change the tool. I know there is a tool monitoring page but I’m really looking for the code to activate all of this from the main program. Cheers.
It is done on the tool list on the control, no special codes needed in the program.We have this control on our DMG Milltap 700. Refer to the help files or search online or YouTube for this. You can set it for amounts of parts or how long you want the tool to run. Once engaged the control will disable the current tool and start using the next one inline. You can also download the Siemens manual app ,it shows you how it all works. :-)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Back