What's new
What's new

Unigraphics NX Cad book / manual

DMF_TomB

Diamond
i found this web site with training books on Unigraphics NX5 and NX7
Dr. Ming C. Leu
i have been going through the NX5 book doing the tutorials.
Unigraphics tends to show different tool bars and menu bar icons depending on the role you start up with. personally i turn all the menu bar items / icons on so they are visible. nothing worse than being told to use a icon that is not on or visible.
book has a few minor mistakes but basically i have been able to get through modeling, drawing, manufacturing without much problems.
biggest problem i have with Unigraphics is they have no pdf files but help files is html like a intranet site and searching for help is most times a waste of time. .......wanted to engrave some text and it says insert annotation text but no icon for it unless you start drafting mode (help does not mention that)and can not use modeling mode but can use insert text from manufacturing mode which help file does not even mention and is the easiest way to create text and program gcode for.
most better Cad programs have a ? icon in most menus so if selected help file opens on that menu which of course Unigraphics does not have.

Back