What's new
What's new

Virtual Gibbs

kitman

Aluminum
Has someone experience with Virtual Gibbs and Grundig Dialog 4.
They deliver the program in different languaches, seems ok for our opperator.

Well I like to know if someone uses it with Dialog 4, and if it´s OK .
Is there a diffrence between Gibbscam and Virtual Gibbs.

kitman,
ARB is right...GibbsCAM dropped the "Virtual" some years back. GibbsCAM is available in German and is actually available in 15 languages. What does Dialog 4 do?
Thanks,
Carl

"Dialog" is the name of the home grown control on CNC Deckel mills from about 1980 to 1992. Actually manufactured by Grundig, Dialog 4 was the highest number in the series until 1989 when they jumped to Dialog 11.

It's my understanding that Dialog 4 was not DNC capable as standard, so I presume kitman has all the optional cards and such to make his machine DNC capable (?)

Well we can transfer the codes to and from the control,I tought they all do, but it seems always to be a problem with Dialog 4. It´s like it works different than others. So if someone is used to work with it, some hints or facts are welcom.

Jan:
Good to see you have given up on the BobCad. Contac the Gibbs sales dealer in your area and ask if they support the Dialog4. Bet the German office (if there is one) will know the answer. Ask if it will post code for both the horizontal (G18) an Vertical (G17) orientation.
Make sure what ever you choose they will supply a working post for your Dialog4.
Cheers Ross

Back