What's new
What's new

Fadal (4020a) Posting Issue with 4th axis (VH65)

Russ_pm

Plastic
I am having so issues with our 4th axis, we are running GibbsCam 2014 and I have a ton of different Post Processors but not sure which on is the correct one. I am trying to do simultaneous milling while moving and instead its only moving as an indexer. I called Fadal and had them run the serial numbers to make sure it was a true 4th and not just an indexer, they reassured me that it was a true 4th. PLEASE HELP, I am desperate!!!!

Aren't you lucky you own a Fadal..

Unwrap it and draw it out flat... Post it straight up like its 3Axis..

Then a quick edit, a SINGLE line and your old antiquated Fadal, that people like to make
fun of, will wrap your flat pattern around your part. Then a single line to cancel it...

Its not an option, standard on Fadals from at least '93, you have it... G17, section 12 in
the User Manual.

I've mainly used it for engraving, but it works. Adding 2 lines to your code might be easier than
diddle screwing around with trying to get your CAM to post it out proper.

Have you checked that you have simultaneous milling in Gibbs? That is a separate option that needs to be enabled. I can go print all my options (not in the shop) to show you what it should look like. If you don't, you're SOL, no matter what post you use.

Back