What's new
What's new

Yet another anti-Autodesk rant

implmex

Diamond
Hi All:
I'm severely pissed this morning!!!:mad5:
I just got an email (automated of course) advising me an Autodesk user account of mine has been suspended by the Autodesk contract manager.
There's a contract number but zero useful information about what this is supposed to be all about.
I paid my maintenance on my HSMWorks license so all should be good...right?????

So I go to my Autodesk account and try to find out there.
Nada...Zip...nothing; all looks in order.

So I go to the Autodesk website to try to find a way to talk to someone...No Fucking Luck there either.
I get to the customer support page and find no phone options, no email options.

I go to the page that is supposed to get me to the "proper" support resource...you guessed it, my problem doesn't appear on the list, so no joy there.
So I pick the closest sounding option and click on that.

I get three choices:
I can "Chat" with an automated robot shit fucking thingy they call "Ava"...it doesn't work.
I can send them a message from one of those drop down lists with a message field along with a bunch of other fields to fill in and I fill them in...it doesn't fucking work either...won't un-grey the "SUBMIT" button.
By this time I'm so Goddamn mad I don't even try the third option, and now I can't even remember what it is.

Autodesk, if you are monitoring this site...I fucking HATE what you're doing with your customer support.
It's awful...it's worse than awful...it's PATHETIC.

You really need to do something about this...you're starting to get a reputation.

OK, rant off...I feel MUCH better now, but I still don't know shit about what you've cancelled and you're not helping me to find out.

Here's a screen shot for those who are interested:
autodesk account closure 20180102.JPG

So finally to my question:
Do any of you out there have a contact number with a real live Autodesk HUMAN at the other end of it, preferably one a little ways up the food chain?
If so, are you willing to pass it on?

Cheers

Marcus
Implant Mechanix • Design & Innovation > HOME
www.vancouverwireedm.com

Oh yeah: I did actually try option 3 "chat with a live person" it crapped out too at first
MC

as much as I despise the 'go to the forums' instead of having a manual for fusion, try the forums, they seem to monitor them

are you sure it is a real email......

Hi gustafson and everyone:
OK so I got the "Chat with a real person" function to finally work and communicated with an account person by texting back and forth (Lousy way to communicate in my old fashioned opinion but better than nothing)
She says Autodesk sent out the email by mistake and I should just ignore it...we await developments.

So one needs to be persistent when their website doesn't work properly...I disconnected and then reconnected and now the "chat" function works again after giving me this message several times in a row:
Chat response.JPG
The relevant bit is where you wait for 5 minutes and then the crap in the lower right corner comes up where you don't really notice it until you really look hard.(The "Agent Unavailable" bit that contradicts the message on the top part of the screen that says "Just a minute...we'll be right with you")

So one and a half hours wasted on a 5 minute problem...do you think I should send them an invoice??

Cheers

Marcus
www.vancouverwireedm.com

I have been able to get phone support from AD for one of our products (ex Delcam) but we have something on our package called "Enhanced Support" or something to that effect - presumably grandfathered in from Delcam. We are still on maintenance, not subscription.

When I get to the part of the support page where you choose how to contact them I have options for email and phone. Sending a message through that same page has worked for me in the past also.

One thing I've noticed is that the AD website, the account pages in particular, do not seem to always work properly on all browsers. You would think a company like AD would have their shit together in that respect, but try it in Edge/Explorer with no ad/script blocking etc enabled if you're not already. You might find that the submit button works all of a sudden!

By the by, but Autodesk are not "starting to get" a reputation. They've had said reputation for a long, long time.

Hi Zahnrad:
You wrote:
"after such exchanges, it will usually be the part feeling inflamed and overly sensitive."
So is that from the assbite or from the nutkick?

I have by now lost track of how many keyboards have been ruined since our getting acquainted... but we can add one more now. And I need another coffee. :rolleyes5:

Some smart CAE software company should make an aggressive effort to woo away AD users by offering very cheap entry cost licenses, just to get a host of new users on board. Make it up with the usual maintenance fees and such. With so many PO'd AD users, there must be an enough potential customers to make this viable.

Aieee! "AVA" looks like they tried to mix every culture on the planet into an androgynous avatar. Better they don't have a listed phone number as most who do take a page from the telco's and use the automated switchboard to deter people.

Why didn't you contact your VAR?

Really?
Who is my VAR and why do I get notifications from ADSK instead of the VAR?

Inventor PDSU and Featirecam Ultimate here .... both on maintenance ( NOT SUBSCRIPTION!!!! )

Who is my VAR Atom?
Who should I call Atom?

Hi Atomkinder:
I renewed my maintenance with my VAR (NextGen) a couple of weeks ago in response to their email prompt.
Since this new message was from Autodesk it never occurred to me to contact NextGen.
Besides, I figured one quick phone call to the Autodesk boys and I'd know what was going on...silly me!!

Cheers

Marcus
www.vancouverwireedm.com

I don't blame you, a notification about cancellation from the company is certainly not something to be ignored (even if it was a mistake), I just figure if my license is still working, let NGC handle it :D

Really?
Who is my VAR and why do I get notifications from ADSK instead of the VAR?

Inventor PDSU and Featirecam Ultimate here .... both on maintenance ( NOT SUBSCRIPTION!!!! )

Who is my VAR Atom?
Who should I call Atom?

How the hell should I know?

I DO know that HSMWorks doesn't get sold directly, which means Marcus has a VAR, same as ours in fact. They're who I call if crap comes up like this, generally speaking that's who I figure we pay to handle mistakes.

I DO know that HSMWorks doesn't get sold directly, which means Marcus has a VAR, same as ours in fact. They're who I call if crap comes up like this, generally speaking that's who I figure we pay to handle mistakes.

What makes HSMWorks exceptional in AD's product line that a VAR is involved?

What makes HSMWorks exceptional in AD's product line that a VAR is involved?

I think it's largely legacy, due to the VAR network existing pre-acquisition.. but honestly, no idea. Is Delcam used similarly?

With Keith standing by, i'd probably have fiddled with the website for a few minutes and then bugged him.. FWIW, NGC is our VAR as well, and I don't really wind up contacting them much, but I haven't received any cancellation letters quite yet.

Back