What's new
What's new

Experienced cnc precision machinist

i find some words should be used with caution...... saying serious, progressive machinist can be taken many ways.
sometimes companies want good team player, follows company procedures, does continuous improvement. likes to learn new machines and techniques, can work with minimal supervision when required, etc
i work on my resume almost every day. i read job postings and change resume to better match most items they are looking for. now a days they use a computer to search resume. they search for keywords. the more keywords that match the qualifications they are looking for the better. i have a job but am always are looking for a better job.
........ i have seen good machinist write not very good resumes and they are looking for a job longer than they might need too.
i am just offering suggestions. good luck on the job search

Me again! On the hunt once again! Anyone in the Souderton/lansdale/quakertown area looking for a competant cnc machinist please pm me. I show up everyday, do as i am told, and can think for myself as well as accurately check my work. Thank you

Me again! On the hunt once again! Anyone in the Souderton/lansdale/quakertown area looking for a competant cnc machinist please pm me. I show up everyday, do as i am told, and can think for myself as well as accurately check my work. Thank you

My instant combino-brain spit this out into a thought bubble: "I think for myself when I'm told to!"

:crazy:

Good luck!

try web site Craigslist
craigslist: pittsburgh jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events
change to city nearer to you. machinist is under manufacturing or skilled trade
i have found jobs there but sometimes some companies can be looking for odd things. i once applied for a Mastercam programmer job and during job interview they want me to hand write a gcode program with pencil and paper using milling tool wear comp. so have to compensate for end mill radius. there i was all practiced up on Mastercam computer programming and i failed writing a cnc gcode program fast enough with pencil and paper.
....... i am just saying you never know what a company is looking for in a employee

Tom, you hit the nail on the head with that one. There is alot of failure during the interview process from the employer as far as conveying what it is they actually want. Alot of time wasted that could have been avoided. That subject alone deserves an entire forum. Im at a loss anymore as to what direction to take, i love machining, i dont want to sit at a desk all day and not run a machine, yet im tired of rewriting programs at the controls because they are so bad or simply do not work. Ive had a rough time these past two years finding any type of decent shop/employer. I just keep looking and pray that at some point ill find a decent place that doesnt lie to me during the hiring process. Thanks for the tip, ill check that out asap.

Back