What's new
What's new

LOOKING FOR NON- PAID ON THE JOB TRAINING in the Western, MA. Hartford County, CT.

Mt.Guerrilla

Plastic
Yes, I will work for free if your willing to train me for as long as we both decide on, up to 6 months maybe more. 40 hrs. a week. That's 960hrs I'm willing to work for free if you train me. Think of it as a internship/apprenticeship.

I know new employees and training employees cost your company time and money and if you give me a chance I'm willing to offset that by working/volunteering for you company.

I'm a 36 year old that is changing his career from carpenter to Manufacturing. I'm not just doing this on a whim, my grandfather and father were both machinists and I went to a vocational high school for manufacturing and autobody and have been wanting to get back into manufacturing.

I have just finished a 195 hour class on precision manufacturing some of the classes were GD&T, Lean and Quality Sytems, Machine shop.
I also have my OSHA 10hr. for General Industry.

I do have a resume I can send you but some quick things on my job history.
I've had been doing carpentry for about 15 yrs. and I owned and operated my own home remodeling and maintenance business for 7yrs. I have worked in manufacturing company that made rooF and floor trusses and I ran

I know what your thinking carpentry and precision manufacturing couldn't be more opposite for attention to detail and what passes and what doesn't and I prefer making parts to the closes possible dimensions. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, which I think is a good thing.

Ill just say I didnt like working with wood but i love building things from scratch and it paid the bills. I love working with all metal but I'd love to work with plastics or any material really.

sence I was a teenager I've welded and worked on cars and motors and helped my father in his personal shop making tools to fix something or making tools to make something else.

Sorry for rambling but my last thing I wanted to say was that I love working in manufacturing I'm very comfortable in a shop setting and I'm very happy to be at work I know I won't want to leave.
In class I was always trying to work threw breaks and as late as possible.

GIVE ME A CHANCE WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOOSE.

Please share this post. Thank You.

I do have a couple parts I've machined at home i can pass on pictures and the part dimensions. I can also included the blueprint measurements as well, so you can see the work I've done.
I know Im going by this in a different way but I need work experience and its very hard to get I'm hungry and determined to get the experience I need.
If some business owners or HR employees that do hiring for there manufacturing company would leave some constructive criticisms or suggestions for me and my endeavour would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You.

What you want to do is commendable, but the professional shops might face legal issues trying to accommodate you, including liability if you get hurt. Applying for a "low level" shop aid job, where you'd be paid a fairly low rate might make more sense, as long as you make clear to the shop owner that you're eager to learn. Then there could be an understanding that you'd be given opportunities to watch machine setup, and be given process reviews where the why's and how's of machine use and shop practice are explained.

Do some searching to see what ads are being published for shops in your area, maybe a shop that's hiring high-level workers might need some entry guys too. A carefully worded request for an interview might get you in the door.

Lets see you want someone to be distracted from their day to day routine, they provide the machines, they spend time with you for six months, stop when you have a question, repair the machine when you break it, write a bigger check for the workman's comp when you get hurt, you learn their business then you move on, such a deal...
Yes, I will work for free if your willing to train me for as long as we both decide on, up to 6 months maybe more. 40 hrs. a week. That's 960hrs I'm willing to work for free if you train me. Think of it as a internship/apprenticeship.

I know new employees and training employees cost your company time and money and if you give me a chance I'm willing to offset that by working/volunteering for you company.

I'm a 36 year old that is changing his career from carpenter to Manufacturing. I'm not just doing this on a whim, my grandfather and father were both machinists and I went to a vocational high school for manufacturing and autobody and have been wanting to get back into manufacturing.

I have just finished a 195 hour class on precision manufacturing some of the classes were GD&T, Lean and Quality Sytems, Machine shop.
I also have my OSHA 10hr. for General Industry.

I do have a resume I can send you but some quick things on my job history.
I've had been doing carpentry for about 15 yrs. and I owned and operated my own home remodeling and maintenance business for 7yrs. I have worked in manufacturing company that made rooF and floor trusses and I ran

I know what your thinking carpentry and precision manufacturing couldn't be more opposite for attention to detail and what passes and what doesn't and I prefer making parts to the closes possible dimensions. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, which I think is a good thing.

Ill just say I didnt like working with wood but i love building things from scratch and it paid the bills. I love working with all metal but I'd love to work with plastics or any material really.

sence I was a teenager I've welded and worked on cars and motors and helped my father in his personal shop making tools to fix something or making tools to make something else.

Sorry for rambling but my last thing I wanted to say was that I love working in manufacturing I'm very comfortable in a shop setting and I'm very happy to be at work I know I won't want to leave.
In class I was always trying to work threw breaks and as late as possible.

GIVE ME A CHANCE WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOOSE.

Please share this post. Thank You.

Don't offer to work for free. I understand why you would do that but any shop worth squat would not do it and any guy who would is not someone you want to be associated with. Go to every shop in your area start with the job shops. Take your resume and ask to see the guy in charge. Plead your case and tell him you are willing to start at the bottom. Most shops in Ma. are busy right now and you might find the right place. If you are serious show it every day, don't waste the guys time with questions every two seconds while trying to learn just do your best at what you are given and absorb everything you can. It's going to be a long road but will be worth it if you really want this.

Good luck

Ron

Back