What's new
What's new

In Milwaukee, what will a machine tool two year tech degree get me?

Ryne PB

Plastic
I've been for jobs the last couple weeks and it seems companies aren't willing to train and are looking for experience. I am eager, punctual, intelligent, and a quick learner. Trained on Okuma, HASS, and Daewoo mills and lathes. Also familiar with sinker and wire EDM, surface grinders, and tool room tools. I am currently working as a setup/operator after school and am looking for programming and/or tool and die apprenticeship upon graduation in May. If anyone is interested or has information for me please let me know.

Thanks,
Ryne

Part of the problem is I live on the west side of Madison and am hoping to relocate to the Milwaukee area, to be closer to family. I go to school full time and work 28-35 hrs a week... Not making excuses, but the little time I do have I spend searching for jobs.

You might have to take a couple days off of school. Tell your teachers what you are doing and they may be of help. Grab a phone book and cold call on as many shops as you can. Take examples of your projects and also references from your teachers. I did the same thing only 15 years ago. Was in school 10 hours drive away from where I wanted to live and work after I graduated. My cousin who is in the trade set me up with a couple interviews and I cold called on every shop in the area. I received a job the next week but did not take it until after I graduated a month later.

It is too bad, I am up in Oshkosh. We have several guys that have went through it and some that are currently. I am looking for a few more. Mid to upper teens after completing the course possibly more depending on experience.

I cannot speak to whether he's hiring or not, but contact member Cash via PM or email. They've a got a nice place that you could learn a lot in and if he isn't hiring he might know someone that is.

I tried to get them to take a couple of others, but because of insurance, they would not let anyone else attend. While I was there they had a part of a wind generator, a 12 Van Norman Crank Grinder table for there way Grinder and they were busy in all there depts. So I would think they are still busy. I have a class in Kalamazoo MI in May we need a couple of more students to fill it up.

It is too bad, I am up in Oshkosh. We have several guys that have went through it and some that are currently. I am looking for a few more. Mid to upper teens after completing the course possibly more depending on experience.

Sent you a PM Rich

Did you find a job? My friend down in Oklahoma is looking for a machinist or two. He said the winters are short..seldom snow storms or below zero..Cost of living is less...pm me and I'll send him your info. Rich

Back