What's new
What's new

Machinist Needed--University Position

TTUChemShop

Plastic
Texas Tech University (Lubbock, TX) Chemistry Department has a position open for a widely experienced machinist. The work typically relates to the development and maintenance of scientific instruments and experimental apparatus. The materials machined range from engineered plastics to high Nickel/Chromium stainless alloys and Titanium. The work is performed on both manual and CNC machine tools. For details, please visit Texas Tech University System - Job details.

A "widely experienced machinist" with 4 to 6 years experience? That don't have a good sound to it. And $16.00 per hour? I truly feel sorry for your equipment. But I wish you the best of luck finding someone.

images

In all fairness the add is very straight forward, covers job description in a forthright manner, and lists the salary starting range. Which by the way had a minimum starting salary of $16.89. I took that to mean it could be somewhat higher based on experience.

If I lived in the area and hunting a job I would take a look, might be an interesting place to work.

It certainly beats the heck out of the world class carnival barker that blew through about a month ago. Jm2c.

Back