What's new
What's new

Machinist Wanted: Strasburg Rail Road

Kelly Anderson

Aluminum
Download an application here; Employment - Strasburg Rail Road , call 717-687-8421 or e-mail [email protected] for an application. Return the completed application to be considered for an interview.

The Strasburg Rail Road has an opening in the mechanical department for a machinist for our heavy railroad maintenance, custom one-off, and low quantity production shop. There is a tremendous variety of work in this shop, and a chance to grow into your own niche.

Both manual machining and CNC skills are a plus. Prototrak brand CNC experience is a plus. Quality workmanship is a must. Having skill as a mechanic, and/or a welder is a plus.

You must be a self-starting team player who can work from verbal instructions, sketches, or blueprints. Good benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.

Full time position, 40 hours per week basic shift.
Hours: Our primary shift is 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. Some second shift scheduling will be required. Occasional weekend scheduling will be required.
Benefits: Health insurance, including dental and vision for employee and eligible spouse and children. Premiums co-paid by Rail Road and employee.
Paid vacation, eventually up to 25 days per year.
Railroad Retirement in place of Social Security: Home | RRB.Gov

Learn about our shops at: Mechanical Department - Strasburg Rail Road

Download an application here; Employment - Strasburg Rail Road , call 717-687-8421 or e-mail [email protected] for an application. Return the completed application to be considered for an interview.

small20170901_154418.jpg

A fellow that came to me out of trade school for a while, 2 jobs later went to work at Strasburg RR. He really liked it.

it is fantastic to see women being interested in this stuff. I know my daughter was applying for a foundry job, she did not get the job, even though she has a lot of casting experience from college making small castings. People are stupid sometimes the best employee is the least likely candidate.

dee
;-D

Back